Why Are Cars So Easy To Steal?

Thread Starter #1
See so many reports and cctv footage of thieves stealing a car in a few minutes. Why do car companies not invest in tech to make it very hard to steal them ? Even gear locks etc. are not any deterrence.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Why are cars so easy to steal ?

You invent any technology the thieves will learn to crack those as well.
In Europe thieves use softwares to unlock all the high end cars.
I have now seen many cars with tyre locks which the traffic police use. Seems like a good way to avoid vehicle theft.

i think Europe thieves use softwares to unlock all the high end cars.

i think use softwares to unlock all the high end cars

I have now seen many cars with tyre locks which the traffic police use. Seems like a good way to avoid vehicle theft.
Unfortunately even that has been defeated. Since in general, only 1 wheel is locked by the wheel clamp, the thieves just jack up the car, place a steel wheeled tray under the tyre which is clamped and drive away the car, albeit slowly .

Unfortunately even that has been defeated. Since in general, only 1 wheel is locked by the wheel clamp, the thieves just jack up the car, place a steel wheeled tray under the tyre which is clamped and drive away the car, albeit slowly .
Or replace the locked tyre with stepney and the job is done. [frustration]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

You invent any technology the thieves will learn to crack those as well.
In the Indian context specially this Quoted statement holds absolutely TRUE! Couple of days back, in the newspaper I had read that the thieves now use cars like BMW, Audi, Mercs to steal other cars and to avoid suspicion of police. So, whether, the car is amply secured with anti-theft devices, today's thieves are PHD holders in carrying out the act. For every car it seems they have a solution ready and even the GPS enabled cars too don't get traced once stolen. So all depends on fate and mentality.

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended

I thought the ones the cops use are attached to the axle?

Top Bottom