- motor may be rusted internally
- hard water particle accumulation
- you might be using it wiper on dry glass

What you can do?
- clean wiper blade with mild detergent
- clean windshield with detergent
- use wiper cleaning liquid

Re: Wiper Blade Noise

Wiper blades making sound on wet windshield means it is time to change/replace them.A wiper blade do not have much life in our climate conditions as,if not covered,when the vehicle is in the sun it gets too hard.

Noise from new wiper blades rubbing on wet glass.
Either one of the blades or both of them are defective. Contact Service center and if it is fitted recently, they may replace it free of cost.
Even otherwise, the price is relatively less compared to the wind shield cost. A defective wiper assembly could damage the wind shield glass.

Check the wiper assembly in service center. It could be defective

"New" does not mean that it is absolutely defect free.

Get it checked and get replacement in case of any defect.

Last edited:
Why wiper blades get damaged-due to condition of rubber getting deteriorated overtime.
To prolong the use one can do the simple method-while parking under sun,unmount the wiper blade (rubber getting sticky to glass is prevented).

New wipers do squeak. I experienced it myself on new wipers that have a recent manufacturing daye. Get the wiper shampoo that the ASC offers & add it to the wiper water. Usind this for a couple of days makes the noise go away

Ameyam

Both wipers are new and the rubber of the wipers are of good quality(Hella).
Dear showstopper!
I had similar issue, i found solution myself so suggesting you too as I think you might have same problem.
The noise issue in my case was due to deposition of very fine dust on the windshield. I was not able to remove this deposition using any car shampoo, any detergent etc. Also, it was clearly visible from inside as well as outside when viewed from certain angles. When wiper ran over the deposition, a rough sound appeared which was really very annoying.
For the problem, solution is that you wash your windshield with Colgate paste. The paste has finest abrasive particles used to shine teeth. With sufficiently wet windshield, rub the paste on whole windshield or the affected part of it and clean with plain water afterwards. It might be a bit tiring but the end result will be fantastic.
Also, if you find roughness on paint finish of your car, use Colgate tooth paste to clean it (with sufficient water). You will feel the smoothness of paint again.[;)]

Quite funny to read thread

Actually both the wiper and glass are fine.

This happens when both gets clean and wet.. Is. The rubber absorbed water and when this happens the rubber actually bonds with clean glass directly.

As there is no layer of water in between to slide it, this happens when you put wiper when there are few droplets or previously wiper wiped all the dust and cleaned the glass fine.

Try to put wiper when windscreen has more drops on it.. By this way we can prevent squeaking.

Don't wipe even for a few droplets.

One way you can escape from it , use car wash shampoo in wiper fluid tank.

Spray it when you hear squeak. This temporarily stops the sound.

If you wanna examine even more, try waxing the windscreen. You will have less water beading and clear glass. Even at heavy rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom