Rust on Brand New Car?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,

I am about to become a Car Owner. As like all, I am also very excitement during searching my budget car, visiting the Showroom for negotiation and Test Drive. After very long research I found Hyundai Eon Era+ would be my best choice in life and booked the car of Oct 2015 model on 4th Feb 2016 (for that they have given 50K cash discount). After booking i prepared all finance arrangement and my down payment. Vehicle Cost Alone Rs.3.65L in Tamilnadu. I paid 3.5L including 2.5L SBI loan. Then only the dealer taken car from their stock yard to the showroom. I got appointment to see my vehicle on 03.03.2016 11.00AM, but i went the showroom by 9.30am. That my car was parked in Wash area, about to wash. First time I am seeing Eon, I was so happy that time. That time itself I took some photos and left the showroom. Again I went 12Noon for PDI. My car was parked in the sunlight, that is want we need while doing PDI. Then I entered the Car, just seen in and around the car. Nothing will be there, everything perfect. I started the engine, I started very first time itself. Then I opened the engine bonnet, if I see the engine compartment everything looking new. After that my microscope eyes started working, I found some of the places got rusts, the SA told the car was parked 4 month ideally, so only rust formed. We will clean while you are taking the car for delivery. I nothing said. Then front wheel disk area also caught rest, I touched the portion, brown colour came with my fingers. Outside tyre bolt also having the symptom of rust. I just seen the bottom area also, there also the exhauster pipe started rusting a straight line. I was so shocked, and asked the dealer for changing the car. Since it was the last car of 2015 model, they dont have the other car, he replied. I told them I will once again come and do the inspection on satureday(today). They asked me to sign in the Form 20 for registration. I didnt accept. I am very much disappointed, brand new car parking ideally for 4 months got rusting means, I cant tolerate. I am attaching some of the photographs here. Experts are here please guide me to reach my dream car.

Thanks,

Anandkumar, Coimbatore

my photos are around 4mb I am unable to attach the photos.

You can see some of the photo, by clicking in the following facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/363...ment_id=775463385888274&notif_t=group_comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this the flood affected lot? May be. Good that you didn't sign the papers. Check the beadings. too for any flood damage. If I am not wrong,Hyundai's stock yard was flooded during the Chennai floods.
That FB link is not a good idea, as it needs us to join that group.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-eon-era-my-blue-beast-comes-home-3.html

Some of the photos...

Was this the flood affected lot? May be. Good that you didn't sign the papers. Check the beadings. too for any flood damage. If I am not wrong,Hyundai's stock yard was flooded during the Chennai floods.
That FB link is not a good idea, as it needs us to join that group.
Thanks friend,

Today I am again going with Surveyor for inspection, What are the points to be confirmed in this flood affected case?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Its almost sure that they are trying to sell you a flood affected car. May be, thats the reason they have offered you 50K Cash discount..[roll]

Thread Starter #6
No actually, the 50k offer is for all 2015 model cars. Something happened, the hiding and selling the car.

No more comments?????

@Encounter:
I have seen the pics thoroughly and I would say that you can go for this car after getting its transit details. The rusting is mainly on the CI parts and they do rust a bit; not an issue at all.

Secondly do check the form 22 (Don't know exact form number) which has the exact transit details of the vehicle. If the car is transported after the flood dates then reject the car straight ahead and if the date of transportation is before that then you can go for the car. You will find the exact transit details for the car including date, time and even the truck number in which it was transported. Simply match the date with the dates of flooding and see what can be done. Rest I have my own set of doubts if this is a flood effected car.

Check 2016/dec 2015 cars in the stock yard for rust,

If they dont have rust in these parts, then it is possible that this car was affected?
Ask opinion from a local mechanic too.
I think it is better to skip this car, even if it is not flood affected.

350Z

Core Team
I did a quick PDI of a new Skoda Slavia and noticed a rusted rod on the front underbody. What component is it?

008  .jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wrought iron components develop a layer of rust just like brake disks. So nothing that should worry you. By the way congrates for the beautiful car.

Top Bottom