A Car With Multiple Drivers Will Be Spoilt: Myth or Truth?

Thread Starter #1
I hate when my family members want to use my car , i feel that a car is like a man's clothes. As long as he alone drives the car will be fine, when used by more than one person the car's character like clutch, mileage, interiors etc will be changed. Also one will lose track of the car's problems.

Honda city is the family car , it has been driven by atleast 20 chauffeurs in 8 years. I dont have any attachment with this car so never minded the minor scratches or the clutch or steering hardness.
But when someone asks for my polo for family use i refuse to give the car,
They tell iam very selfish not to give ''afterall'' a car. I hate how the chauffeur drives, but people say iam making a big deal.

Couple of times i gave the car, but felt so depressed after seeing the car's behaviour and interiors later. One of the most annoying thing is change of driver seat position.

Last edited:
Re: A car with many drivers will be spoilt! myth or truth?

Sharing with good drivers - Car remains as it is
Sharing with idiot$ - car will get ruined

As simple as it sounds. IMO this is absolute nonsense that the car gets ruined if multiple people drive it. Now my car was driven by me, chauffy and two friends and all of us drove the car(S) extensively; nothing to complain.

BTW my story is also similar, Corolla, Innova, Laura.. No issue but Polo is exclusively driven by me.

Ehh.. Maybe Polo is the one we don't want to share.

Last edited:

Well.. For me, a car should be driven only by one or maybe two(very matured drivers).

After an incident, I am not giving cars to anybody. Only I am driving and may be the ASC guys may test drive it during service. My friend just glided over bad roads in my city without slowing. My heart beat went on increasing as he increased the speeds in bad roads. So before me, he drove the car like that. What if he is taking my car in my absence??? I don't want to take risks. Hence my answer will always be a polite "NO" if anyone asks my car.

I love my car more[drive]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I have the following views on this topic, My Esteem was bought in 2006 July since then from 2006 to November 2008 it was driven by 2 drivers. Then 2008 December to December 2015 it has been driven by 2 drivers only. See, these drivers at large are not having the desired reflexes to drive mainly because like us they aren't as fortunate to have access to good driving schools/ experienced instructors. So, it becomes duty of the employer to ensure that the driver drives with utmost care and the employer should keep telling and do the much needed fine tuning of their reflexes in regards to driving. Multiple drivers driving one car definitely takes it's toll on the vehicle's life cycle both mechanically and otherwise. Just like 5 fingers of our hand are not equal same way all drivers will never be the same. The current driver whom I hired just about a 4-5 days back has driven Ritz Diesel and Bolero and he is finding it really difficult to reverse the Esteem and take normal pick-up at traffic signal. He is 5'2" height and his legs probably are not making desired contact with the ABC Pedals and frequent re-starts of Esteem would hamper the self/battery and FE. So, I have decided to make him learn proper reversing by making him drive the car in reverse for 500m to 1 km from today.

Honda CITY: This was bought in 2011, since then it has been mainly driven by 1 driver and to some extent by myself. I never believe in giving my Honda CITY to any other driver. Only the 1 driver who has driven it was the one in front of whom the car had been purchased. He had been seeing and driving it since the time of purchase. So, that ways in 4.5 years, CITY by god's grace has been kept properly.

Always Remember: At Large No driver can ever take care of the car the way an owner can. They only have their salary at stake i.e 10-15K but owner has lacs on stake.

Regards

Akash

I hate when my family members want to use my car , i feel that a car is like a man's clothes. As long as he alone drives the car will be fine, when used by more than one person the car's character like clutch, mileage, interiors etc will be changed. Also one will lose track of the car's problems.

Honda city is the family car , it has been driven by atleast 20 chauffeurs in 8 years. I dont have any attachment with this car so never minded the minor scratches or the clutch or steering hardness.
But when someone asks for my polo for family use i refuse to give the car,
They tell iam very selfish not to give ''afterall'' a car. I hate how the chauffeur drives, but people say iam making a big deal.

Couple of times i gave the car, but felt so depressed after seeing the car's behaviour and interiors later. One of the most annoying thing is change of driver seat position.
Depends on drivers.
I have seen how the driver treated this Pajero my relative had. The whole vehicle shaked when he was in slow traffic. With me, I use to treat it like a gem. And most of these people don't know how to operate a Turbocharged vehicle.
The Swift I just drove today is kind of screwed.

When it comes to mine, no one dares to ask my petrol Lancer as they will have to pour. She drinks :D
My 800, people think it's just a cheap car meant for rough use. I don't care who asks, I never give. They want it for learning. My car is more important for me.
Once my parents gave it to the neighbours, it was war.

I only give it to a selected few who know how to treat it like their own. And only among us we let each other drive our cars.

Yeah, no one will care for it like a baby!

Last edited:

Cars with many drivers or users age faster NO doubt about it!! ,other factors like roads & weather(coastal side etc) excluding.

My friends car is used by his brother who is careless & also his bros friends,his cousins who are rash & a driver who occasionally uses it but very professional(use to work for a famous businessman & company). I notice his car always has issues & problems creep up when someone else uses it.

I had an incident 2 years ago where alot of friends had gathered at a farm house so all our cars were lined up outside. One guy i am not familiar with took my car without permission to drop someone & car came back with front side damaged(it was raining & i assume he was rash). So i dont hand over my cars to anyone as people always take it for granted. Just how sweetly & nonchalantly someone asks to take the car i reply(mustering some strength) in the same way that they cannot.
No matter how many crores i may be worth(assuming here) or the other person maybe worth & car mite cost peanuts in comparison, but it has my name or family name on it. And anything that happens is going to be your pain in the end.

just like my brother did with all of his and my cars he have bad habit of driving at high speed even on bad roads that's why his a-star which has covered 18k in last 5 years rattle to much even at speed of 50-60 [;)]

Cars with many drivers or users age faster NO doubt about it!! ,other factors like roads & weather(coastal side etc) excluding.

My friends car is used by his brother who is careless & also his bros friends,his cousins who are rash & a driver who occasionally uses it but very professional(use to work for a famous businessman & company). I notice his car always has issues & problems creep up when someone else uses it.

I had an incident 2 years ago where alot of friends had gathered at a farm house so all our cars were lined up outside. One guy i am not familiar with took my car without permission to drop someone & car came back with front side damaged(it was raining & i assume he was rash). So i dont hand over my cars to anyone as people always take it for granted. Just how sweetly & nonchalantly someone asks to take the car i reply(mustering some strength) in the same way that they cannot.
No matter how many crores i may be worth(assuming here) or the other person maybe worth & car mite cost peanuts in comparison, but it has my name or family name on it. And anything that happens is going to be your pain in the end.
Exactly. So my friend's swift zdi is immaculately maintained.. He is the only driver and never gives to anyone. If someone asks his car, his answer will always be a polite "NO". Guess what, he specifically requests the ASC guys to not test drive the car[;)] He covered 85k kms and still the car looks like new inside out. No rattling, no suspension jobs, no steering jobs. All tyres changed only once and regular maintenance.

Everytime I meet him, the only advice he gives me is "Don't let anyone to drive your car". And whenever I see his car, the beautiful red swift, my mind thinks, "Yes.. This is how a car should be maintained"...

very simple "If you share your car or Girlfriend with someone else then it will start giving sounds that you never want to hear."

Simple rule never take or ask anyone for there vehicle & never give yours. if you borrow vehicle from others then some day they will also take yours & then you are not able to deny them.

Depends on the driver. I will give my car gladly to 3 of my close friends who drive my car better than me! I won't give to any of the other close friends - unless there is an emergency.

Top Bottom