Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002
OK This is an interesting question someone asked me just recently.
How do you press the foot pedals in your car like clutch, brake & accelerator from the below options:
1. Use the portion of the foot just below the toes to press pedals.
2. Use toes to press the pedals.
3. Use middle portion of the foot between toes and heels to press pedals.
4. Use heels to press pedals.
I am guessing option one is the right & most common way used by most people to operate pedals but if there are folks who do differently you never know.
Option 1 is most commonly used, in that way one can have control over the pressure applied to these pedals.
Similarly, one of my colleague who recently learned driving was asking me where do you rest the heel of your right foot while driving with below option:
1) Between Brake and Accelerator
2) Next to Accelerator
3) Next to Brake
I answered its "3" for me but one may find it comfortable in 1 and 2 as well.