Ertiga Outside Ceiling Sweating Issue!

Thread Starter #1
I have strange issue with my Ertiga. I own a Granite Grey ZDI 2014 October make. The problem is that whenever I come back after 1 to 2 hr drive I see a water mist/dew/sweating whatever you call it on the outside that is on the roof of the car where the second row AC is located!!! It can be clearly seen the water sweating exactly above the second row ac from a balcony! This way the roof is surely going to rust. Is this normal ? Please help me.....

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have strange issue with my Ertiga. The problem is that whenever I come back after 1 to 2 hr drive I see a water mist/dew/sweating whatever you call it on the outside that is on the roof of the car where the second row AC is located!!! It can be clearly seen the water sweating exactly above the second row ac from a balcony! This way the roof is surely going to rust. Is this normal ?
Hi Aanuj, Well in a AC the venting-out of condensed water is normal. If you may have noticed in cars when the car is driven with AC on during the journey and after that when the engine is idle or car comes to halt then from below the engine bay you can see tiny water droplets falling on the floor. That's condensed water which is normal. The same process in all likely-hood has been taking place in your case. However, the issue of rust can only take place if their is some sort of piping inside the roof carpet which when becomes cold leads to this sort of condensation of water. Condensed water is bit acidic in nature and is used in home invert-er batteries. Hence, to cure the issue, you must consult the Maruti ASC. It would be advisable to get the roof mounted AC vent checked by removing roof carpet.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
I have already consulted Machino Techno Kolkata and am visiting them on Monday. I am really worried if the water keeps on accumulating the metal I am sure it will rust in no time.Water condensation on the outer metal part of the ceiling just where the second row ac is mounted is indeed very worrying.Thanks Akash for the heads up.My brother has a Ertiga ZDi too Dusky Brown 2012 make Ill ask him for a report as he is going out tonight for a ride and today is a hot & humid day! Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Goodness me I must make sure that I keep my ertiga wrapped up and safe in the rainy season and also make sure that the car is wiped bone dry after being washed or better still only have it dry cleaned.

I think it may be the issue with the condenser jacket,dripping out the water.
Based on Room A/c installation,i have seen many times,the outlet pipe sweating outside,it can be either covered by a polythene cover of required length to keep the dripping to minimum,2-4 layers will be best,try it.
Service centre guys will try to rip you -
Condenser complaints etc...
Don't fall pray to that.

Don't worry about rusting ,if they remove the top ,ask them to do a primer job if paint has started to crack,if not then do either a simple teflon polishing(Just to protect paint layer)

Top Bottom