Why Wheel Balancing is Mostly SCAM

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
I just happened to get the XUV thundertbolt wheels Aligned, balanced and Rotated (Swapped). And guess what, a new scam came to my light.

When you give your tyres for Balancing, the usual Method is-
1)Remove the existing weights from tyres (which are usually mixed into their box of weights)

2) Put wheel on machine

3) The maching WILL shows some imbalance.

4) Pick some weights from Box (perhaps your old weights) and put them on the wheels

5) Pay bill Per Gram of weight and move away Feeling Happy (but Being cheated under the nose)

Still Not clear?
When I gave my thunderbolt in, I Insisted that wheel shall be checked with the Factory Weights ON the wheels as is. And Lo![evil]
The machine read 0. Which means everything is well balnced. If you drop the weights, the Maching will NATURALLY detect some imbalance and you'll pay to get it 'Fixed'. My Wheels haven't suffered any puncthures and came balanced from the factory. Even after 35k Kms they hold their balance well and There's no need to pay for dummy weights

So guys, Whenever you go for wheel Balancing, make sure you ask the guy to check without removing factory weights. Also Balancing should be performed only after major Puncthures or uneven wear.

Otherwise if you're feeling wise by Getting Balancing done with Alignement (as many of us Do, thinking its good for the car) you're just wasting money.

Mods- Could'nt figure out which subsection to post this. Please move if the need be.

Last edited:
Only Scam i find is in ASS,as these guys simply do wheel balancing,usually for me if a tyre had a puncture then only balancing is checked,else just wheel alignment at 1500-2000km

Top Bottom