Honda Activa 2013 Tyre Pressure Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My query is simple.What is the interval to check air for tyres of scooters-Tubeless ones.
I have TVS(Stock),as front and rear,i usually ride with a pillon,and hence the rear tyre Air is infalted to 36 Psi , at an interval of a week(Per Week vehicle rides 100km).
Usually in good roads with occasional Potholes,that too bumps and holes are ridden with care.
For Past 2 weeks,noticing a decrease of about 8 PSI Short in rear wheel while inflating(earlier mostly the shortage was 4 PSI Maximum).
What may be the reason?
Would it be related to Valve Neck?
Any wheel center charges 100 RS here for just checking the wheel(Wheel removed -charge 100)[frustration]
I am willing to change the tyres as i don't like the handling with TVS ,but this tyre has just clocked 5k km.(85% thread still there)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Honda activa-2013 tyre isssue

Hi Guys,

For Past 2 weeks,noticing a decrease of about 8 PSI Short in rear wheel while inflating(earlier mostly the shortage was 4 PSI Maximum).
What may be the reason?
Would it be related to Valve Neck?
Any wheel center charges 100 RS here for just checking the wheel(Wheel removed -charge 100)[frustration]
I am willing to change the tyres as i don't like the handling with TVS ,but this tyre has just clocked 5k km.(85% thread still there)
Vishnu hi, Appears to be case of a minor puncture. Do get the same checked dear. Also, valve being loose could be a reason too. Do get the wheel checked and suggest you to go for Nitrogen, way more beneficial than normal air.

In normal air, two wheeler's air should be checked every 10-15 days. But in Nitrogen you can check the pressure every 3rd. or 4th week.

Regards

Akash

PS: Vishnu, You have created 2 similar threads on same topic. Please take care of it in future dear. Have done the needful!

At best, It can be bent wheel rim. tubeless cannot retain air pressure in case of bent alloy. sidewall damage can also cause air loss.

first check for punctures
check for small sidewall cracks

if both are ruled out, alloy bend is the reason

Thread Starter #4

@ Akash
Sir Really sorry,i didn't think the thread was posted twice,my system got unexpected hang,hence when i searched the thread again i could not find my thread hence reposted it.
Sorry,i will ensure that the mistake won't happen.

What is the average life of rear tire (in km) of active?

In my case,rear tire firstly changed at 11000 kms.I doubt this short life of tire is due to my riding characteristics.And now the scooter is at 22000kms.The second tire has already worn and its time to change.

Thread Starter #6
We have a Kinetic Honda DX,in that we have Ceat tyres,it has clocked 20k km still running fine,only once got a puncture else it is going fine.
MRF-Great grip ,handling
Ceat- Sidewall wear if proper care not taken
TVS- Literally troublesome.(Within 200 km itself got a puncture)

Hari@

New generation scooter rear tires last only 12K km average.But the front tire last 30-40K kms. My 2009 Dec model Dio had run 24 K km and replaced 2 tires in rear including stock(@11K &23K) and front tire is stock one still lokks like new.

I have experiance with MRF tires only. My friend owns MRF tire showroom here and the story is same for their tires in almost all scooters. The MRF square type tread tire comes in accees can last 2K km more than their zapper tires.

HI all,
My tvs jupiter which has clocked close to 14 k kms both tires seem to be having enough thread in them for at-least more 14-15 k kms .

Thread Starter #9
Hi guys i dropped into my local tyre shop(Not an authorised one,but have given my tyres for punctures and other woes there,even though my car's alignment and all was done at Michelin store)
The problem was rectified free of cost actually,i insisted him to take 10 RS.
I had told him that pressure is dropping at 8 PSI rate.
He first knelt down checked for puncture marks-
1.Sidewall wear(He told there was none,i cross checked)
2. Puncture Holes in contact surface-(small stones were pricked in-normal),that was taken out,and examined the surface -No puncture
3.He checked Valve by applying Soap solution,No bubbles.
But he had told me that as it was given for air inflation occasionally in petrol pumps(Dad gives there-One way my dad is correct,local tyre shop guys equipment is analog and also sometimes tampered,hence air inflated may be over or minimum not exact.),and tyre shop guy's point was also valid,these guys stress the neck while inflating.

Air was inflated was made almost accurate.[;)]

Planning to go for nitrogen soon,don't want to stop in every week.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Vishnu hi, Appears to be case of a minor puncture. Do get the same checked dear. Also, valve being loose could be a reason too. Do get the wheel checked and suggest you to go for Nitrogen, way more beneficial than normal air.

In normal air, two wheeler's air should be checked every 10-15 days. But in Nitrogen you can check the pressure every 3rd. or 4th week.

Regards

Akash

PS: Vishnu, You have created 2 similar threads on same topic. Please take care of it in future dear. Have done the needful!
I have finally inflated with nitrogen air.
The technician at the tyre shop asked to refill after a month.
The scooter now has a slight bumpy but fluffy feeling,as if air is low,but ride feels light( Power seems to be increased).
[:)]

This might also be a problem
There is a valve where you fill air, if that becomes weak or loose air leaks out. It has to be tightened or replaced

I have finally inflated with nitrogen air.
The technician at the tyre shop asked to refill after a month.
The scooter now has a slight bumpy but fluffy feeling,as if air is low,but ride feels light( Power seems to be increased).
[:)]
What is the tire pressure kept with nitragen now and air earlier ? Unless there is difference in tire pressure, you will not feel any difference with nitragen and air in tire. Only good thing with nitragen in your scooter tire is reduced pressure loss at a huge price compared to air which gets as free.

Thread Starter #14

What is the tire pressure kept with nitragen now and air earlier ? Unless there is difference in tire pressure, you will not feel any difference with nitragen and air in tire. Only good thing with nitragen in your scooter tire is reduced pressure loss at a huge price compared to air which gets as free.
Same as manufacturer reccomendations-
36 PSI(with pillon)-Rear
22 PSI(Front)

Thread Starter #15
Guys as mentioned my ride has clocked 12k now,about 85% of tyre has worn in rear(Centre portion is bald,while side has some stripes),i am planning to switch to new tyres,got to know that Michelin 90-100 profile is there for 1600 here and below that apollo-1450,then comes CEAT.

What do you guys suggest?

Top Bottom