Broken Car Key Plastic Cover

Thread Starter #1
Friends what are options to repair it. I tried to paste the corners using Elfy bond but it breaks after some time because of the pressure on the plastic while taking it out from pocket

What to do now - Should I go for new one, what will be the cost of new key?
or get new key made by local key Smith.

Attachments

Mrigank
Can you post a full image of the broken key.
I did not get a complete idea regarding what the issue is,is it only the key ring end or the security system remote control got damaged?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Mrigank, Use elfy and then tape it with ISI insulation tape. No problem in long run. Getting key made from a local person is not safe.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Mrigank
Can you post a full image of the broken key.
I did not get a complete idea regarding what the issue is,is it only the key ring end or the security system remote control got damaged?
Its only the key ring end that's got broke. No remote control.

Attachments

Last edited:
for a nano the key doesnt have immobiliser function, so it can be made at local key maker who i think will charge you 200/- quids.( INR 200/-). which is worth than taking the hassle of fixing bond which looks ugly.So i suggest better make one and keep this one as spare.

Thread Starter #6
Mrigank, Use elfy and then tape it with ISI insulation tape. No problem in long run. Getting key made from a local person is not safe.

Regards

Akash
I am using elfy already, done 3 times. Insulation tape i don't think its look good on the key. Agree local shop is unsafe.
any idea cost of new key from showroom?

to break in the nano its not a big deal even if somebody has no key. this i think everybody knows how( i wouldn't go in the detail how to do it.) so i think locally making one doesn't lead to any problem. rest, it is up to you

Thread Starter #9
Weren't you provided 2 keys at time of purchase? I have no idea on this. Please ask Urmil or Concorde. Glad that fuel smell issue was resolved to your satisfaction dear.

Regards

Akash
yes i have 2 keys.

to break in the nano its not a big deal even if somebody has no key. this i think everybody knows how( i wouldn't go in the detail how to do it.) so i think locally making one doesn't lead to any problem. rest, it is up to you
I know break in without key is not a issue but how would you start. Seriously no idea of that.[roll]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
ok i would not say it on a forum. but if you would like to know watch the movie gone in 60 seconds.its damn easy[;)]
Hahahha. I watched.

Pasted with elfy, applied a layer off m-seal as cover.Ready to burn fuel with spare.

Statutory warning- original is much better than the image..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
for a nano the key doesnt have immobiliser function, so it can be made at local key maker who i think will charge you 200/- quids.( INR 200/-). which is worth than taking the hassle of fixing bond which looks ugly.So i suggest better make one and keep this one as spare.
Anyway Mringank, consult showroom before duplicating the key.You will be having spare anyway right.

Top Bottom