• Silver- Really bland?

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Red- Will it fade?

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Purple- Bit too dark?

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi all i need to finalise on the colour for the XUV5OO. Please suggest a colour with the reason posted.
Colours-
Silver +ves- Cant find any but it does look better with those ugly bulges on sides of XUV. -ves- It doesn't look good, no one except from my mom likes it, it comes with Dark interiors.

White +ves- Its a nice colour and looks ok and comes with a beige dashboard and reflects sunlight doesn't absorb it.
-ves- Looks a bit bland

Red- Looks great on this car, its the best looking colour, mixes with the curves really well.
-ves- the dark dashboard and the fear of the colour fading. Can this dark red of XUV fade? Owners please chip in.

Purple- +ves- Hides all the ugly bulges and looks great in the sun.
-ves- It will make the car EXTREMELY hot, really dark and close to black and due to some reason black is bad for my father. Tough to maintain.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Deciding colour for XUV5OO

I'll vote for white. it's not plain white but a pearl white which has sparkles under direct sun. Looks majestic.

other comes red. kinshuk has one. check his thread'optimus'

XUV looks best in black, hides the overdone front-end design. It looks toned down in dark shades. I find the front repulsive in light shades.

Purple is closest to black, so out of above 4 my vote goes for Purple. Good color.

Thread Starter #5

White.
We have one and SUVs always have to look decent. So either it has to be Black, White, Silver or space Grey
Thanks for replying but doesn't white fade too much? I have seen so many XUV's which are white and tons of them which are off-white. As far as I know it is like that because of fading. Here is one compare picture from Team-Bhp at the bottom of my reply.

I'll vote for white. it's not plain white but a pearl white which has sparkles under direct sun. Looks majestic.

other comes red. kinshuk has one. check his thread'optimus'
Thanks for the reply, I have a question does the red fade? This is a serious issue and we don't want our XUV looking pinkish after an year or so.

XUV looks best in black, hides the overdone front-end design. It looks toned down in dark shades. I find the front repulsive in light shades.

Purple is closest to black, so out of above 4 my vote goes for Purple. Good color.
Same here i also find the front repulsive and it indeed looks best in Black but its not an option as it is bad for my father. Thanks for the reply and vote.

Last edited:

Thanks for replying but doesn't white fade too much? I have seen so many XUV's which are white and tons of them which are off-white. As far as I know it is like that because of fading. Here is one compare picture from Team-Bhp at the bottom of my reply.
White never fades. It's universal majestic. No doubt!

Flip side of the XUV 5OO is that it looks modern and funky but does not have that royal of luxury look you get from the Safari Strome. In the looks department, It's like comparing the modern art with the legendary Monalisa painting. Both have got charm but values differ.

Because of this reason you can pick any colour in the XUV but not in the Strome.

Regarding the black, I veto you, because black totally diminishes the look in the XUV.

Last edited:

I think opulent purple is the best colour in the XUV. Reasons:

* It is a unique colour
* Looks premium
* Hides the ugly overdone whiskers on the front bumper

XUV's A/C is really really good and hence a dark colour will not affect the cabin temperature much!

I would again go for Red.

Fading or not depends on how you maintain the car dont keep it parked in the sun for days. If you do not have a covered parking space do not go for any dark colours all of them will fade away no matter the amount of paint protection done by the company or the owner.

Even white tends to go yellow if the vehicle is parked under direct sun.

Rest you can have a look at the colour of my vehicle it is close to 2 years from manufacturing. It does have dark interiors, which might not give the airy feel as much as the lighter interior one but on the plus side it will not get as dirty as light interiors in the future.

and last but not the least when choosing colour always go with your heart and not with the mind. Thats a rule I follow.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Hi all, we have finalised on XUV and are going with the Red but are going to wait for 2015. WE want a 2015 manufactured car so the wait starts. Please tell me that if we buy the car right now, how much will the resale value drop after 5 years? Please give your inputs as it could benefit me a lot.

Thanks for the link following it closely and will be posting the question soon.

White never fades. It's universal majestic. No doubt!

Flip side of the XUV 5OO is that it looks modern and funky but does not have that royal of luxury look you get from the Safari Strome. In the looks department, It's like comparing the modern art with the legendary Monalisa painting. Both have got charm but values differ.

Because of this reason you can pick any colour in the XUV but not in the Strome.

Regarding the black, I veto you, because black totally diminishes the look in the XUV.
Thanks for the reply but i have to say that the black does look killer on the XUV, and the LED's just look menacing its just an amazing colour. Anyways the looks and the interiors are both a big letdown in the Storme and it was the first out of contention followed by the famous Innova.

Black totally kills the front face. the cheetah 'whiskers' and stuff is in black plastic and stands out in white or red. but not in black /purple.
Yes thats why the red makes it in the finals. The white is out because of its fading. Thanks for the reply.

I think opulent purple is the best colour in the XUV. Reasons:

* It is a unique colour
* Looks premium
* Hides the ugly overdone whiskers on the front bumper

XUV's A/C is really really good and hence a dark colour will not affect the cabin temperature much!
Yes but the purple is out and leaves us with red and silver and white is also out. That is a good point but i would actually prefer having the whiskers rather than hiding them. Weirdly they looked really good on red so would like to have them.

I would again go for Red.

Fading or not depends on how you maintain the car dont keep it parked in the sun for days. If you do not have a covered parking space do not go for any dark colours all of them will fade away no matter the amount of paint protection done by the company or the owner.

Even white tends to go yellow if the vehicle is parked under direct sun.

Rest you can have a look at the colour of my vehicle it is close to 2 years from manufacturing. It does have dark interiors, which might not give the airy feel as much as the lighter interior one but on the plus side it will not get as dirty as light interiors in the future.

and last but not the least when choosing colour always go with your heart and not with the mind. Thats a rule I follow.
Thanks and yes the heart said red so its there in contention. Hopefully we are gonna buy XUV but not before 2015. We want a 2015 manufactured car and most probably are going with Red XUV. Thanks for replying.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
we have finalised on XUV and are going with the Red but are going to wait for 2015. WE want a 2015 manufactured car so the wait starts. Please tell me that if we buy the car right now, how much will the resale value drop after 5 years? Please give your inputs as it could benefit me a lot.
A good car you have chosen. You'll get a 2014 manufactured vehicle even if you buy one in January 2015 or if you buy one now. Billing if done in January 2015 then it shall be placed on RC as purchase of 2015. However when you shall decode the VIN number of the vehicle it is highly likely to be manufactured in late 2014 only i.e between October to December.

As for the resale, SUVs are high depreciation vehicles so after 5 years the vehicle shall be around 5 or 6 lacs since at present the top W8 model costs around 15 Lacs on-road in Noida but in Gurgaon the same shall be cheaper by 40-50K. Still, if you sell on 1-to-1 basis you can command a premium of say 30-40k.

If at all there is still some space for color choice then Silver shade is good one.

Regards

Akash

I will suggest you wait for a 2015 car since it is already mid December. The resale will definitely get affected.

If you are booking in Jan, make sure you do not make the full payment without getting the VIN number. Then decode the VIN number to make sure it is a 2015 vehicle. Only then make the balance payment.

If you are doing this only for resale value, then you can even pick a November/December 2014 manufactured vehicle and get it registered in 2015, since it becomes a 2015 model on papers! Nobody is going to decode the VIN number when you are selling it! I will suggest you ask the waiting period and book accordingly this month so that the vehicle is delivered by last week of this month or first week of Jan 2015, so that you can get it registered in 2015.

After having owned and driven the silver XUV, I am biased towards the purple.

Saw one just once till date, but it simply looks outstanding.

Else it should be red, a red XUV that is properly washed and polished simply looks fantastic.

Top Bottom