Dealer Offering 2 Month Old Car For Immediate Delivery

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have booked a ritz ZDI two weeks agao. Dealer is saying that there is a delay in production at maruthi side. They can get a 2 month old car from some other delear.

Is it okay to buy a 2 month old car ??

Thanks,
Santhosh

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Delear offering a 2 month old car for immediate delivery

Maybe they are trying to clear out the old stock before giving out any new ones

They call it "vintage stock". No issue going for it as long as it is unused & new. Very often a car will sit in the warehouse a bit longer if others dont loke the colour. If you like the colour & they are offering full warranty, go gor it

Ameyam

No issues at all. I just took a 5 Month old Ritz Zxi. Running like a charm 'touchwood' . I waited 2 months for a new one then got impatient and went for it. No regrets at all. Make sure you do a thorough check before agreeing.

A car which is more than 6 months old may create issues like battery draining. A two month old car is perfectly OK.Just check for any color fading or any under body rust if at all to clear your doubts.

No Issues. Check for all warranty related documents. Check thoroughly engine, tyre and body.
I love Ritz ZDi model. Ride quality is superb.

Post you car photos once got in your hands.

2 month old according to VIN number ? If so then no issues, else check actual manufacture month using and refuse if car is older than 6 months.

If everything is OK then press for more discounts :) as Ritz is not moving so fast.

2 months!!!! that is bakery fresh, I bought a wagon r in July 2014 with May 14 mfr, get the VIN No. on TAI and let the experts decipher it for you, I did the same.
As suggested take a copy of the PDI list from TAI, and do a through PDI, and you have covered all bases.
all the best
vinod

2 month old according to VIN number ? If so then no issues, else check actual manufacture month using and refuse if car is older than 6 months.

If everything is OK then press for more discounts :) as Ritz is not moving so fast.

Thread Starter #10

Thanks for the replies.

Surely i will check the VIN .. Then only go for the booking.

Press for discounts Santosh. The Ritz is rumoured to be discontinued soon. Just rumours, for clarification. It shares mechanicals with the Swift, so spares wont be an issue even if it is discontinued. And they are offering deep discounts- upto 70k if you are buying in exchange. Make sure that what you are getting is just warehouse old and not otherwise

Ameyam

Thread Starter #12
Re: Dealer Offering a 2 Month Old Car For Immediate Delivery

Atlast i found a white ZDI in mandovi bangalore. They are ready to deliver in one week :) :) :)
And october manufacturing

Atlast i found a white ZDI in mandovi bangalore. They are ready to deliver in one week :) :) :)
And october manufacturing
Lucky you and Congrats !!!

I went around the entire city of Kolkata, every single dealer but could not find anyone with a white Ritz Zxi, or a silver or breeze blue. Had planned so much with the white. Took a Granite Grey and every body loves the color. Most people who donot like the Ritz , the first statement they have is 'Nice Color' [lol] I like the color as well, however very limited scope to enhance the looks with it. Its best in stock.

However, white looks the best I think because you can modify the looks really well with it. I was planning on painting the alloys matt black with red lips, red brake calipers and rear drums.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

Granite grey is also very good.

I didn't find that in stock .. I liked white and granite grey ....

So any suggestions for accessories or what ever i need to do with the new car?

Last edited:
Mud flaps, body moulding, bumper moulding, carpet lamination, tedlon coatung / paint FUCOAT, reverse psrking sensor with camera, scuff guards, trunk light, underbody rust proofing

Ameyam

Top Bottom