Does Scooters With Same CC of Bikes Have Slower Pickup Than Bikes?

Thread Starter #1
Hi there ![:)]
I just got a question in my mind about scooters.

I asked my dad that will my Kinetic Honda(scooter) will beat my Hero Honda Splendor(Bike) ?
He replied that definitely the Splendor will win because the wind will not resist bikes to gain speed whereas the scooters' large front apron makes the scooter pickup slower because the wind force resists the scooter.

Can someone validate this point?
Thank you![:)]

AMG

Suspended
Re: Are scooters of same cc of bikes are slower to pickup speed than bikes?

The scooter you are talking about is a CVT.

Traditionally the way CVTs are set up is to get more mileage, rather than to put down more power.
The motorcycle gives you the power to rev up the engine as much as you want to, so yes, the bike will win.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Are scooters of same cc of bikes are slower to pickup speed than bikes?

Then OK.
What about Bajaj Cub ?
Bajaj cub has geared transmission and has a huge front apron. Does that make the Cub lose out???

Further difference is Scooter is belt driven & Bike is chain driven. Hence apart from speed, average (FE) with scooter will also be less than bike. However advantages with scooter are better handling (even by ladies wearing dress or saree) & cargo space (near legs & beneath seat)

Thread Starter #5
No no. I asked whether the scooters' front apron restricts the scooter to gain/pickup speed faster than bikes due to the wind force which resists it thanks to the apron at front.

Now my Kinetic honda has a much greater power than my stock Splendor. But the wind force will resist the scooter to win in a drag race between Splendor and Kinetic Honda???

No no. I asked whether the scooters' front apron restricts the scooter to gain/pickup speed faster than bikes due to the wind force which resists it thanks to the apron at front.

Now my Kinetic honda has a much greater power than my stock Splendor. But the wind force will resist the scooter to win in a drag race between Splendor and Kinetic Honda???
My answer is Splendor will be Winner, ( I can say not because I had won race on Splendor but I had Bike in past & Kinetic now, but I had easily driven bike >100 kmph, but probably never Kinetic > 80 kmph. I had even race with cars on Splendor, but never with Kinetic)

But that is not because of wind force due to scooter front apron. I think more important factors are
1) Riding posture on Bike, hence better grip on vehicle & hence more confidence to speed
2) Big wheels & hence better confidence in grip & hence speed.

AMG

Suspended

Yes.
Because of wind drag generated.

Its called aerodynamics.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Bike will win because-
Larger Tyres
Better aerodymanics
Lesser weight?
Chain driven
Have a Transmission and clutch means better power transfer
Driven by MEN.