Questions Regarding Honda City ZX GXi (2008): Finding Love Again

Thread Starter #1
I had a Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008 New Honda City ZX GXi which I used extensively until 2010, when I bought a diesel Ford Figo. I had driven 60 k Kms till then with no major issue.
Come 06/2011, I had to shift to Chennai and hated driving there. City was given to my wife and I drove the Figo exclusively. The car took a lot of battering and had dents and scratches in all panels. Noises everywhere, squeaking clutch and steering, bad brakes, loose bumpers, etc. Sent the car to Capital Honda for all work and 90k service. They had the car for 3 months as lot of parts had to be procured and finally took back the car with some pending jobs.
We shifted back to Bangalore in 07/2014. I was very keen to sell the Figo and buy a new Safari Storme Ex. Here I rediscovered the City and all the reasons I loved it so much.

• It is really comfortable to drive in Bangalore traffic.
  • Acres of space and big boot.
  • No fancy gadgets to fiddle around with.

Pending items are-

1. Right fender indicator clamp broken
  2. Dent in left rear bumper
  3. Door locks not remote locking- have paid for a set of new locks and waiting delivery from Capital Honda
  4. Right ORVM not electrically adjustable - have paid for a new ORVM and waiting delivery from Capital Honda
  5. Left front fender bent
  6. Fuel gauge not working- more details down
  7. Driver door rattle
  8. Squeaking clutch and steering

Now about the fuel gauge, on the 2nd day of driving the car,(wife and kids gone for hols), it just stopped in the middle of the road, thankfully near home. The fuel gauge showed >25% fuel. Worried that it would be a major problem I pushed the car into home and called wife. She told me to fuel up and after buying 2 L of petrol and filling it, the car started normally. Even the low fuel warning light never came on. I went and filled up the tank and it took only 32 L of fuel. The gauge showed 2/3 full. But visually the tank was full. Wife assures me that the gauge was normal till she left. Today after driving 132 Kms, gauge showed 1/3 full and went to fill up in a different Shell bunk, again same story. Needle refuses to go above 2/3. What could be the problem? There was a topic about the All New Honda City with similar issue following a rat chewed wire.
Another piece of advice I require. The ORVM and door locks should be delivered to me from Capital Honda sometime next week. I live in North Bangalore- Vidyaranyapura. Where should I get it fixed? And where do I do my regular work? Is there any FNG which anyone can recommend? Or should I try Magnum Honda which is 7 Kms away? Considering the age of the car and frequent niggles, I'd prefer a FNG who can attend personally and do a good job.
I also plan to do a thorough interior and exterior clean up job at 3M in MSR Nagar. Anybody have a good experience there? Or other recommendations?

Thread Starter #2
Can anyone tell me where to install "unit assay keyless entry"? I understand it is near the driver dashboard/ fusebox. I have procured a spare from Capital Honda Chennai, but am not sure where it goes. Magnum Honda is not interested in helping me and is asking me to go to Whitefield or to Dakshin Honda.

Thread Starter #3
Default Re: Honda City ZX Gxi service experience (TVS Madurai service)
Did my 95k service at Magnum Honda. SA was very courteous.
Cost break-up:
Battery test - 124
Blower motor cleaning - 84
Service - 1022
Oil - 1292
Windscreen fluid - 71
Clutch pedal check - free
Consumable - 329
Steering alignment - free - still not rectified
Driver door rattle - free - still not rectified
Fuel gauge strainer - 1247. Replacement at 80k service was apparently done badly causing my fuel gauge problems
Right fender indicator - broken by Capital Honda - 267
Front brake pad replacement - 4782

Total - INR9215

Recommended to replace rear wheel bearing at a cost of 8k next service. And change 2 rear tires.

What can I do to rejuvenate the rubber beading in the roof and below the windscreen?

Top Bottom