My Maruti 800 '94 Model Caught Fire

Thread Starter #1
Hi ALL,
I had bought maruti 800, 94 make , almost 8 months back. I had used it for 1 month and then left the car in my garage for atleast last 7 months. Now, I wanted to start the car, it didnt start , I changed the battery but still didnt start. So, got mechanic and he started the car in 5 minutes by putting petrol into something. Car started and i drive 20 kms around
The mechanic inspected the car and told me that the engine has fallen down due to foundation,[ cross lumber] is broken. He advised to take car to welder. My brother drive car to the welder but on the way, there was small fire in the car bumper. He manage to stop fire, as it was small but it melted the cables and few pipes and also the radiator fan. The car was towed to mechanic, and the car mechanic insulated the damaged cables with the insulation tape. He installed new radiator fan and few small pipes. The battery was good. The car started and its running good.
Now, i dont know actual reason why the fire was caught in the bumper. And now, when i told mechanic to change the cable, as it will give in more problems. He said its waste of time and money. Car is running, so everything is ok according to mechanic.[surprise]
I planned to go to another car electrician who can change wiring completely for safety reasons and its hard to find good professional car mechanic or electrician in my area.

Now, I seek advise from you all guys, why the fire caught in the bumper. What has to to done to preventive it again from catching fire ? I have attached few photos of the car.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

There is a chance of loose cabling and spark from battery / had ignited the excess petrol. Immediately check all the cables and if possible take it to a good MASS.
Its always good to use coolant water mix than water in the radiator.
If you want to keep the car and is concerned about your family don't play with the car.

You might want to look over all of your wiring again. A loose connection or grounding point can cause arcing that could ignite any flammable materials nearby.

Also, a mixture of coolant and water results in more efficient cooling through the radiator and reduces that chances of clogging. It can also prolong the life of rubber and metal piping.

bhvm

Honoured Member
after 7 months its possible that rats have nibbled something. This caused a short and also drained your old battery. Get it checked.

Top Bottom