Originally Posted by automaniac5
1. How much should i invest initially? (Small scale with basic facilities or full fledge)
Start small. But basic facilities should mean that you need to have all the proper tools, equipment and even a pressure washer.
2. Service hands on experience is must or can we manage with managerial skills?
If you are directly going to deal with customers, you need to have good technical knowledge. If you are going to be "just the boss", then make sure you hire friendly and knowledgeable staff.
4. What are the basic steps I have to take? (Survey for market potential, documents, practical work experience regarding day to day activities in ASC etc.)
Of course a basic survey is important. No point cramming your new service centre in a area which is already flooded with lots of similar garages.
* Choose a spacious and neat place and keep it neat always!
* Listen to your customers. Even if you are not able to solve the issue completely, show him that you care and try to help him out.
* Be reasonable with your charges when start out. Try to build a loyal customer base first.
The above are my few pointers.