Need Guidance For Starting My Own Service Center

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am planning for my own multibrand car service center in or around Mumbai and it is in partnership. We can invest around 35-40 Lakhs. I need more insight on this regarding below points,
1. How much should i invest initially? (Small scale with basic facilities or full fledge)
2. Service hands on experience is must or can we manage with managerial skills?
3. If anyone having information about multibrand car service providers available in India like how their structure, support is provided by them etc.
4. What are the basic steps I have to take? (Survey for market potential, documents, practical work experience regarding day to day activities in ASC etc.)
Thank you.!![:)]

1. How much should i invest initially? (Small scale with basic facilities or full fledge)
Start small. But basic facilities should mean that you need to have all the proper tools, equipment and even a pressure washer.

2. Service hands on experience is must or can we manage with managerial skills?
If you are directly going to deal with customers, you need to have good technical knowledge. If you are going to be "just the boss", then make sure you hire friendly and knowledgeable staff.

4. What are the basic steps I have to take? (Survey for market potential, documents, practical work experience regarding day to day activities in ASC etc.)
Of course a basic survey is important. No point cramming your new service centre in a area which is already flooded with lots of similar garages.

Few pointers:

* Choose a spacious and neat place and keep it neat always!
* Listen to your customers. Even if you are not able to solve the issue completely, show him that you care and try to help him out.
* Be reasonable with your charges when start out. Try to build a loyal customer base first.

The above are my few pointers.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A few questions I have here to enable me suggest you for your thoughtful venture.

1) Capital Investment

Are you investing from your end or getting it financed?
Do you intend to tie-up with any other brands?
Are you aware of inventory system?

2) Location

Have you shortlisted any location so far?
Whats the average price going on there?
Are you planning for a rented accommodation or an outright purchase?
Have you consulted any broker about documentation of it?

3) Scope of Work

What all services you intend to provide?
Are you thinking of a "one stop shop"?

4) Workers

Please tell me the scope of work you intend to do then I can suggest on the number of workers you need.

Any idea you have regarding the basic pay of your workers as experienced guys demand high?

5) Infrastructure: Some tips for you;

Tools need to be automated like hydraulic lift, alignment machine, pollution check machine, nitrogen filling machine and covered paint booth etc.

A proper tool kit with all kinds of attachments should be purchased. This is a very important thing.

A proper washing area. Do not keep the washing and repair area combined.

24 hour electricity back-up

Security guard to keep an eye on your premises and a CCTV.

Sanitation facilities for workers.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Thank you buddy[:)]

I will do my home work for above points that you have raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car modification/restoration garage requirements

Hi,

Taking my passion and interest further willing to open a Garage where we can provide services to automobile enthusiastics in Punjab.

Need suggestions as to what services should be provided.

I want to start a Garage with good service which will bridge a gap between local garages and company/branded garages.

Please throw in your ideas and don't hesitate that's the reason am not putting up any ideas from my side.

Cheers

Vaibhav Kassrija

Last edited:
Re: Car modification/restoration garage requirements

Am working on a different project here. It's not gonna be a service garage for maintenance. Am willing to open a modification garage.

Ie: engine boosting
Body modifications
Interior redesigning
ECU remapping

To name some..

Few things must and should fallow for workshop

First search good place for your garage it can accessible for every one

dont hurry and rush to start with full fledged workshop with all kind of equipments just start with basic tools and equipments

Hire good experienced mechanics note the mechanics should be passionate about his work he need to work genuine because success behind any workshop is honest and trust

at starting charge ur customers in VFM form according to work done but last but not the least behonest and genuine with customers

after succesfully run then after slowly start expanding ur garage with additional services like modifications etc

As per me few things you should know such as;
Define the scope of your business - Opening your business plan with its scope provides a general idea of how many customers you will serve and on what scale you will serve them.
Decide the locations - Your business plan will be shaped by the potential locations for your car repair shop. Look for locations that are convenient to either highway or main road access.
Determine your equipment needs - The price of equipment will most likely be your largest cost after the cost of the location.
Sources of funding - With the cost of equipment, insurance, rent , and payment for your staff, you will probably need somewhere between $50,000-$100,000 to open your business, depending on your location.
Unique Selling Point - Most importantly, you Will provide the lowest prices, the fastest turnaround, or the best customer service?

Top Bottom