Do You Keep Your Car AC To Re-Circulation Mode?

Do you keep the re-circulation on with your AC?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended

I dont, because it starts getting suffocating after some time, because of the accumulation of CO^2.

But a lot many people do, for the sake of better FE and to save a few rupees.

Re: Do you keep the re-circulation on with your AC?

I keep the re-circulation on most of the time. But I will open the window, time to time to allow the fresh air come inside the car. This way I feel , the air filter will last longer.

Re: Do you keep the re-circulation on with your AC?

Inside city I always use the re-circulation mode but when I travel on highways i change the mode to get outside air. Actaully only when I feel the outside air is fresh

Re-Circulation Mode Always ON.

BENEFITS :
Less noisy AC
No foul smell
No dust entering
No harmful smoke entering
Prolonged life of AC components given dusty Indian roads
Car Perfume lasts long
Blocks the entry of unwanted insects/pests via any duct
More efficient cooling
Lesser stress

DISADVANTAGES:

NONE (I can always lower the window glass whenever I feel fresh air is required and fill the whole cabin with fresh air in a jiffy).

In my car, the knob to change AC mode was broken and it was in Re-Circulation Mode. When checked with ASS got an answer as ‘spare not available’.
My usage is 90% in Chennai city.
Is there any necessity to change the knob immediately, or can I continue with the present situation?
Please suggest.

90% in re-circulation mode only. I switch toggle only when I get enough confidence that the pollution level outside is negligible (mostly when I take to hill stations or during early morning drive)

95% in re circulation mode. Even with dust and pollen filters, smoke and bad smell enters cabin. Fresh air mode is not suited for our conditions. I only use it when cabin is incredibly hot after parked under sun.

One can always roll down windows for fresh air.

When i start my AC (after my car is parked for some time), for about 5 minutes i keep it on Fresh air mode, after that i keep it on re circulation mode.
When the car is parked in sun for some time, i switch on the AC with fresh air mode and both front windows rolled down for 1-2 mins, then i roll up the windows and AC on re circulation mode.
This is because when the car is parked in sun, air inside the car is much more hot than outside air, so at that time if the AC gets some cooler air, it will be very effective and when the AC has worked for some time, air inside the car gets somewhat cooler than outside air, so when i put it on re circulation mode, again the AC gets somewhat cooler air and it works effectively as well as efficiently.

In mY 2000 Daewoo Matiz and the new Honda City it never gets suffocating but on early morning drives we usually open the windows to enjoy the cool and fresh morning air! There are advantages of using the re-circulation mode and have been highlighted correctly by CarCar

I dont, because it starts getting suffocating after some time, because of the accumulation of CO^2.

But a lot many people do, for the sake of better FE and to save a few rupees.
[lol] In your house Ac, do you keep the doors and windows open with the air conditioning on, i.e, if you use one..?

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended
The house AC also has a re-circ made, incase you had actually bothered going through the user manual that came with it instead of laughing at me.

[lol] In your house Ac, do you keep the doors and windows open with the air conditioning on, i.e, if you use one..?
Hehehe.. this one is nasty mate.. But can't help [lol]

The house AC also has a re-circ made, incase you had actually bothered going through the user manual that came with it instead of laughing at me.
But this is also a valid point, I must agree.[thumbsup]

When the car is parked in sun for some time, i switch on the AC with fresh air mode and both front windows rolled down for 1-2 mins, then i roll up the windows and AC on re circulation mode.
This is because when the car is parked in sun, air inside the car is much more hot than outside air, so at that time if the AC gets some cooler air, it will be very effective and when the AC has worked for some time, air inside the car gets somewhat cooler than outside air, so when i put it on re circulation mode, again the AC gets somewhat cooler air and it works effectively as well as efficiently.
I am told if car is parked under sun for long,first start the blower fan in full speed with all windows rolled down for a minute or so.This will push out the hot air inside and any odor left. Then start AC with recirculating mode and windows rolled up.

almost 99 % the ac is in re circulation mode. as in the climate control as well as the circulation mode smoke from vehicles in front gets into the cabin. once in a while will open the windows / change the mode to let in fresh air.

Top Bottom