• No

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

The question appears to be simple yet the replies can vary. If you are offered a vehicle that is a Demo Car or a Test Drive Vehicle, will you be happy in buying it? Or will you still go for a unused, just-arrived factory car?

Please note, this is in no ways connected to "certified cars" from True Value or UTrust et al. These are the cars which are kept in showrooms for customers to check out before placing the booking.

If provided with discounts, will you still be hesitant in purchasing the Test Drive car?

Please share your views.

Regards

Akash

Re: Will you buy a Demo/Test Drive Car?

Defenitly Yes as my dad had an Old TD Thunderbird from VirugambakkambRE Showroom.He got it for Rs.50,000 and It was not in top but was in good condition.She just needed a new Engine Oil and she was all set to roar.It was with a Short bottle and He used to start her everyday morning 5 AM and It used to wake up everyone and scare the hell out of some sleeping chickens !! But He sold it off as he wasn't interested in riding bikes anymore.Thank you

Depends on condition of car
odometer reading,
date of manufacture
discount offered etc
And if you are okay with car and If you are getting atleast 40% to 45% discount on price of car then i would suggest you to go for the deal..[roll]

The answer would ultimately be 'no' since unless provided decent discount, I'm not gonna touch it. If decent discount is offered, "why are they doing so? I think they wanna get rid of that thing ASAP". And no is because everybody tests how much abuse can this thing handle, and in the process, do much damage.

Oh wait, I forgot to vote on the poll. BRB.

EDIT: Okay, I voted. But where's the remaining 0.01 % :biggrin:! (33.33 each)

Lol

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
The answer would ultimately be 'no' since unless provided decent discount, I'm not gonna touch it. If decent discount is offered, "why are they doing so? I think they wanna get rid of that thing ASAP". And no is because everybody tests how much abuse can this thing handle, and in the process, do much damage.

Oh wait, I forgot to vote on the poll. BRB.

EDIT: Okay, I voted. But where's the remaining 0.01 % :biggrin:! (33.33 each)

Lol

You are mistaken there my friend.

Companies get rid of test drive cars as soon as a new model/facelift is launched, because they cant give test drive on older models.

I know people who have got TD figo/polo/vento at killer prices after the facelift.

When we were in the market for a new car, we were offered a SX4 DDiS for a flat 2 lac discount but we left it since a replacement(the Ciaz) was on its way. Usually, display cars are sold with discounts when there is a new model going to be launched or already launched. So, it depends on the buyer if he/she wants to save some cash and buy a outdated version or go for the latest one![:)]

Depends on condition of car
odometer reading,
date of manufacture
discount offered etc
I agree. My recent car was TD vehicle but I purchased it because ODO was 282KM (including 40-50KM TD by me [;)] ), condition of car like new, VIN of previous month, discount was 60K, & main thing - it was ready available, no waiting period.

350Z

Core Team
If provided with discounts, will you still be hesitant in purchasing the Test Drive car?
Nope. Sometimes these models prove to be heck of a value for a brand new car as long as the overall condition is fine. Of course, it highly depends on case to case basis and one must be just as much cautious while inspecting them as in case of a second-hand car (even though contrarily actual warranty on these cars remains intact). I've particularly observed that its demo models of smaller cars that are severely abused and such chances are scarce as one move up on the ladder to high-end models. That's why it makes sheer sense to consider premium models when their dealers are on a spree to clear off the inventory (I recall a Mercedes dealer offering massive discounts on demo cars on first come basis sometime back). My Fiesta itself was a showroom piece. Sentimentally it did hurt me when other customers were checking it out even though I hadn't booked it yet. And the first thing I did after handing over the cheque was to inform the dealer to lock the car. But sometimes it's worth curbing the emotions and listen to the mind. Consequently, I ended up buying it for a lakh rupee off after haggling (i.e. on-road for the price of ex.showroom) plus numerous freebies were a bonus. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Despite whopping discounts, TD Cars shouldn't be bought unless you are working in the workshop of same dealer.

AFA, display cars are concerned, you should not hesitate to buy them if offered with good discounts if it fulfills PDI criteria mentioned on TAI

I would never buy a demo car.Most of the demo cars are abused by customers and also the sales guys.Ofcourse,they were meant to be slightly abused,that's part of testing the demo car.But after observing some sales men using the demo cars for personal purpose,I would never even entertain the thought of buying a demo car.

It's one thing buying a demo car that was used for demonstration purpose for prospective buyers,it's an entirely different thing buying a car that was abused by sales men.You never know,it happens.In my opinion it's better to buy a well maintained pre-owned car. I personally dislike buying a pre owned car also.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I may not be 100% satisfied on buying a TD car, even if they throw good discount. It is as much as buying an used car..!![roll]

Last edited:

Top Bottom