H/T or A/T Tyres on Pajero Sport?

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just booked a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport a few days back and had a chance to investigate the particular vehicle I have been allotted. I noticed that the company that used to provide Apollo HAWKZ A/T (All terrain) tyres in previous vehicles was now providing more regular treaded Apollo Apterra H/T (Highway terrain) tyres. As I would be planning to go off-roading also with my PS, are these H/T tyres going to be a problem? Shall I insist the dealer and company to change them? As PS is a serious off-road machine, how come Mitsu is providing H/T is a big question mark [confused]
If anyone can suggest...

AMG

Suspended
Re: H/T or A/T tyres?

a) the SUV is rarely taken off road by customers, so maybe they changed it.
b) there is no reason why you should not ask the dealership to give you AT tyres, if they have in stock.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks AMG for your suggestion! I don't think the Mitsubishi people are willing to change it. However I am insisting them as I would be using it for off-road too. The existing tyres are a real turn-off [roll]

Thread Starter #4
Mitsubishi denied any upgradation of tyres from their side. So mean [frustration]. However I got a workaround. Dealer has referred to a tyre dealer who will exchange the H/T tyres with A/T of my choice. I will have to pay the difference though and that is ok with me.
But its a real surprise that a manufacturing company like Mitsubishi is providing such sub-level tyres in a 25L SUV[surprise]. The tyre dealer himself accepted that there is very less or no sales of H/T tyres from their outlets.

Choice of tyres depend on how much off roading you are planning:-

(H/T) Highway Terrain = 90% Road & 10% Off-Road
(A/T) All Terrain = 60% Road & 40% Off-Road
(M/T) Mud Terrain = 15% Road & 85% Off-Road

Source

go for A/T only no point at all for H/T in a Pajero Sport:)

Most tyre dealers will buy out the new set and offer you M/T options assuming you sell your tyres in showroom conditions itself.

I had tried this option to switch when i was purchasing but the tyres I was getting was too old, so i dropped the plan, i still have Hawkz A/T

And i agree with you Mitsubishi giving H/T tyres on Pajero Sport is akin to a Sumo wrestler wearing a stilleto!

Top Bottom