Puncture in Tubeless Tyre - Options

How to fix a punctured tubeless tyre

• Rubber repair strips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I drive a 1-year old Swift Vxi. Came with JK tubeless tyres.
So one of my tyres got punctured a few days before. I was driving it in very low air pressure.
First time got it checked on a highway. He analysed the tyre and told me there are three punctures. Did not felt to me as the right guy so I had my spare tyre checked and fitted instead( as it was late in night and I was near my home ).
Next day I got it checked from another shop and he showed me 8-9 tiny punctures throughout the tyre [frustration].
The punctures are at sides as well as in the middle.
Could not find any nail or any sharp object.

Now, available options for me:
1. Get it fixed using Rubber repair strips. But it will mean making 8-9 big holes in the tyre. Costs around 100 per puncture !!
I'm not sure how much the tyre will survive in long run after this postmortem. Also heard that this method is not recommended for side wall punctures. Is this true?

2. Put a tube inside the tubeless tyre for 600 bucks and us it without getting the holes repaired(they are very tiny).
Cons: setup of 3 tubeless and 1 tubed tyre may cause harm to suspension as both types have different weights. In this case, this tyre can only be used as spare.

Guys, I need your advice. Option one or option 2?
Or is there any other option available?
Or should I get a new tyre?

Thanks.
Nitz

Recently one of my tyres had a nasty 10mm cut which couldn't be repaired. So fitted a tube. The tubed tyre is hampering the handling at speeds above 75-80kmph along with steering vibrations. So decided to keep is as spare.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Recently one of my tyres had a nasty 10mm cut which couldn't be repaired. So fitted a tube. The tubed tyre is hampering the handling at speeds above 75-80kmph along with steering vibrations. So decided to keep is as spare.
I don't think tube tyre should cause such type of issues. I think tyres needs to be balanced.

Thread Starter #5
Get the tube and use it as a spare. No need to spend 4000 bucks for a new tyre.

Mrf tube should cost between 350-450 rupees.
Thanks.
Will get a tube fitted then.
And use the tyre as spare.

Also, what is the mushroom-cap for punctures in tubeless tyres? Is it better than rubber strips? And what is the cost factor.

Please enlighten if you have info.

I don't think tube tyre should cause such type of issues. I think tyres needs to be balanced.
I had issues. Over 75-80kmph the I got steering vibrations(tubed wheel at driver's side). I then changed back to the tubeless one and the vibrations are gone.
The tubed one is in spare now.

DRIVE SAFE

A small number of punctures is fine but for a large number like 8-9 punctures, the best option is to get a tube installed in the tire and use it as a spare as already mentioned by AHC.
If punctures are repaired then you are going to face severe leakage issues with such a large number of punctures, nothing but headache.

NOTE: Please maintain right pressure in tires and avoid going on poor surface as much as possible.

Last edited:

Top Bottom