Originally Posted by Swiftian
300+ views and no reply.
Unfortunately something happened over the weekend. I was on my to my hometown and some parts were rough road. After reaching home I reaslized something is missing in my car. Finally realized that autocops siren
. Somewhere in rough roads it got fallen off and I could not trace it back.
Everything is working fine except there is no sound when lock/unlock and reversing. Now questions are:
1. Will I get siren alone separately ?
2. After central lock siren fallen off, I do not find anything strange in the operation of central locking system. do I need to check it anything in the wiring part ?
please help me
1. The siren unit will be available in most of the car accessories shops and cost around Rs.400-500 here in kerala. Usually it will go bad due to water entereing in it and many had to replace it.
2. Usually even it go kaput, central lock will work perfectly. Only sound will be missing. In your case, siren fallen off means, it didnt fixed properly. Do check the wires connecting the siren,is that has contact with each other or touching the body part.
Regarding the first post.
1. please recheck the manual, AFAIK
, for all type they giving a single manual and mention each type in seperate columns.Or visit the nearest car accessories shop.
2. In my car it will lock when
* 2-3 mints(timing not checked) After we taken the key from key hole and not locked
* If we slot the key and turned the key to acc postion, it will lock within 10-20 second.
If we switched off the car and kept the key in key hole,it will not get locked.