Autocop Central Locking Queries

Thread Starter #1
I have 2 button Autocop basic model on my beat and I have some basic queries.
1. How to perform silent lock/unlock (method mentioned in manual is not working)
2. At what instances the auto lock will get activated. for ex: key is taken out of ignition hole but key is inside the car, key is in ignition hole but at starting position.

I always have some fear that auto lock will get activated in sometime and take the key put it my pocket as soon as get out of the car.

Cheers [:)]

Thread Starter #2
300+ views and no reply.
Unfortunately something happened over the weekend. I was on my to my hometown and some parts were rough road. After reaching home I reaslized something is missing in my car. Finally realized that autocops siren [frustration]. Somewhere in rough roads it got fallen off and I could not trace it back.

Everything is working fine except there is no sound when lock/unlock and reversing. Now questions are:
1. Will I get siren alone separately ?
2. After central lock siren fallen off, I do not find anything strange in the operation of central locking system. do I need to check it anything in the wiring part ?

please help me [confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Everything is working fine except there is no sound when lock/unlock and reversing. Now questions are:
2. After central lock siren fallen off, I do not find anything strange in the operation of central locking system. do I need to check it anything in the wiring part ?
1) Separate Siren would be difficult to find since the setup comes as 1 proper unit with all attachments. However, shouldn't be impossible if requested to Autocop sighting your reasons.

2) Do check for any loose wire and siren holding clamps too. Incase you find a loose wire better is to tape it.

Regards

Akash

300+ views and no reply.
Unfortunately something happened over the weekend. I was on my to my hometown and some parts were rough road. After reaching home I reaslized something is missing in my car. Finally realized that autocops siren [frustration]. Somewhere in rough roads it got fallen off and I could not trace it back.

please help me [confused]
Swiftian,

1. The siren unit will be available in most of the car accessories shops and cost around Rs.400-500 here in kerala. Usually it will go bad due to water entereing in it and many had to replace it.

2. Usually even it go kaput, central lock will work perfectly. Only sound will be missing. In your case, siren fallen off means, it didnt fixed properly. Do check the wires connecting the siren,is that has contact with each other or touching the body part.

Regarding the first post.

1. please recheck the manual, AFAIK, for all type they giving a single manual and mention each type in seperate columns.Or visit the nearest car accessories shop.

2. In my car it will lock when

* 2-3 mints(timing not checked) After we taken the key from key hole and not locked
* If we slot the key and turned the key to acc postion, it will lock within 10-20 second.

If we switched off the car and kept the key in key hole,it will not get locked.

Last edited:
If your central lock unit is in warrenty period, visit the place you fixed that. They may give it free, since it is their fault that it doesnt fixed properly and fallen.

Thread Starter #7
Its been more than 3 yrs I have fixed that unit from that shop and do not think I have the warranty still. anyway will check with them for siren unit.

Top Bottom