Pre-Monsoon Checklist For Cars and Bikes

Thread Starter #1
Its my first rainy season after 3 yrs in Europe, The small processes i did 3 yrs back on two cars (one santro of my guides car and Two my own New swift Zdi) paid me good returns, The base of both cars are without rust and engine bay is also clean note the old santro is really old 10 yrs +

Just Before rains i give a water wash to my car from below and in engine bay, and allow it to dry for 20 minutes, Then i use 50 % any cheap engine oil and 50 % diesel fuel in two liter pepsi/sprite bottel and use a sprayer used by barber to coat the engine bay and below the car,

This process does two things, it avoids rusting on the below metal and in the engine bay, second it repels water and when the summer sets in dust gathers round the oil thus protecting the metal even more with the coat

before spraying mixture in engine bay make sure engine is warm and off, so that the mixture spreads nicely leave the car for 10 minutes to stand

Then i changed the air filter, applied grease to all moving parts of doors

This is the old trick used by cab drivers since 1960's when metals were not of very good quality and trick works very well even now, i learnt it from one of the cab driver who used this trick for close to 40 yrs [:)]

Topped up all oils (break/coolants/power steering/engine oil etc)

I will do a similar processes for my bike tomorrow

Hope my trick helps someone to maintain the wagon better

Thread Starter #3
@Tai Diesel is 100% safe, if you are too paranoid you can used keresone instead of diesel, I have used both, Used this trick in India/Europe, since its 50% Diesel and 50% any engine oil, The diesel spreads oil to inaccessible places and evaporates in 20 min or so what is left is Engine oil

Top Bottom