Maruti Suzuki - Service Related.

Thread Starter #1
I have given my car for 2+ Years service.
Car ODO shows less than 9000KM
They quoted almost 12K for service. Is that normal ?

Engine oil (synthetic) - 3800 . Normal one costs 1900. As I do not drive much, they suggest to go for synthetic. I do not know
Oil Filter - 350
Gear Oil - 850
Coolant - 700
Break Oil - 500
Diesel filter -1500
Air Filter -250
AC Filter - 350
Service (labor) charge -1350
Break service = 900
Break bleed - 600 (300x 2)
AC Blowing test or something = 600
Consumables -200
Silencer coating -750

Is this a normal bill? Synthetic oil help me by paying double ? They were not talking about wheel alignment /balancing as my car is having Michelin tyre and is less than 9K (When asked, they said balancing is done while changing the car tyres, so you do it when it is 10K km)

I do not know whether it is appropriate section or not. If not, move to the correct section.

Thanks

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There's no need of break service, break blead and why the hell theybare charging for break oil ? Did you notice the break oil level ? It's only supposed to change or top up if the level's below than minimum or if there is any leakage. Same for the coolant.
Don't go for ac blowing test, silencer coating and ask them to clean the ac filter and not change it. You'll save more than 4000 rupees.

They do nothing but charge you.

I have given my car for 2+ Years service.
Car ODO shows less than 9000KM
They quoted almost 12K for service. Is that normal ?

Engine oil (synthetic) - 3800 . Normal one costs 1900. As I do not drive much, they suggest to go for synthetic. I do not know
Oil Filter - 350
Gear Oil - 850
Coolant - 700
Break Oil - 500
Diesel filter -1500
Air Filter -250
AC Filter - 350
Service (labor) charge -1350
Break service = 900
Break bleed - 600 (300x 2)
AC Blowing test or something = 600
Consumables -200
Silencer coating -750

Is this a normal bill? Synthetic oil help me by paying double ? They were not talking about wheel alignment /balancing as my car is having Michelin tyre and is less than 9K (When asked, they said balancing is done while changing the car tyres, so you do it when it is 10K km)

I do not know whether it is appropriate section or not. If not, move to the correct section.

Thanks
Appus, NO this is not normal and Maruti decided to loot the people with the shadow of cheap maintenance, but in real it is not.

For your kind of use, there is no need of Synthetic oil and you can just go for mineral/semi synthetic if you are concerned.
Diesel filter price looks to be very costly
Break service is not required, even if they do something that could be free covered in labor
service labor is very high as it should not cross Rs.700 max.
AC blowing should be free

Check with some other MASS OR go to Bosch service. With the recent service bills I am also thinking to get my car serviced out side MASS with multi car workshop where I know a mechanic.

Never get the WB and WA done at MASS, as practically they never do that, so better to get it done outside spending Rs.500

These days there is one more doubt when a MASS service mechanic told me that the engine oil they fill is from a big drum and they really do not know whether it is a branded or a cheap stuff some from China or Thailand. So all these reasons pushed me to get my car serviced outside from now as my warranty period is over(2 years/40000km) where they allow me to sit in front of car while it is getting serviced

Thread Starter #4
There's no need of break service, break blead and why the hell they are charging for break oil ? Did you notice the break oil level ? It's only supposed to change or top up if the level's below than minimum or if there is any leakage. Same for the coolant.
Don't go for ac blowing test, silencer coating and ask them to clean the ac filter and not change it. You'll save more than 4000 rupees.

They do nothing but charge you.
Thanks bro for the quick response.
These things were never changed before. They said that is mandatory in every 2Year whether the car is done even 5000KM or not. I have not checked any level as I am completely ignorant about it.
Coolant they said top up of 3 ltrs of something. Not replacing.

Appus, NO this is not normal and Maruti decided to loot the people with the shadow of cheap maintenance, but in real it is not.

For your kind of use, there is no need of Synthetic oil and you can just go for mineral/semi synthetic if you are concerned.
Diesel filter price looks to be very costly
Break service is not required, even if they do something that could be free covered in labor
service labor is very high as it should not cross Rs.700 max.
AC blowing should be free

Check with some other MASS OR go to Bosch service. With the recent service bills I am also thinking to get my car serviced out side MASS with multi car workshop where I know a mechanic.

Never get the WB and WA done at MASS, as practically they never do that, so better to get it done outside spending Rs.500

These days there is one more doubt when a MASS service mechanic told me that the engine oil they fill is from a big drum and they really do not know whether it is a branded or a cheap stuff some from China or Thailand. So all these reasons pushed me to get my car serviced outside from now as my warranty period is over(2 years/40000km) where they allow me to sit in front of car while it is getting serviced
Thanks for the quick response Sir,
I am traveling next week (At least 1000KM ) and i did not want to go to other service center this time.
I will try for a local guy next time.
I will ask them to put the normal oil

Hope they do not say that 'we already changed sir' reply.

Thanks again for your quick response.

These figures are quite a bit too high than my LUV's service figures.
Sir, change the service centre next time or get it done by a local guy.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys for your replies.

As I had to go thru ghat sections, I had asked them to check about brake (both hand brake & the other). So, they might have thought of charging me that too.

i think they have already started the work. He is not picking up my call. I wanted them to put normal oil & not to touch the brake cleaning etc this time.

I was using Bimal service till last year. Thought of trying KALYANI this time ! I need to go there by 5PM it seems. Cant do much now [cry]

How this can happen all oil change at one time. Has MS started other ways for making money. Then Maruti will no where "Maruti ka Vishwas" car.

Mineral/Synthetic oil is fine if you have normal city drives and rare highway cruiser. But for long regular highway cruising I would suggest to go for Synthetic, since its a diesel car.

Oil with 0W-40 or 5W-40 with SN grade is better option.

Thread Starter #9
How this can happen all oil change at one time. Has MS started other ways for making money. Then Maruti will no where "Maruti ka Vishwas" car.

It was partly my mistake also. Last year, when I gave the service to Bimal, they asked to go for a 9 point checkup instead of a full service. The reason they told me was 'the vehicle is not traveled a lot from previous service'. I agreed. Then it is been 1year 3 months or so since i have done service.

So, I am the culprit of not giving for service for 1 year !
I wanted to change the oil at any cost. So, 1900 or 3800 is on me (anyways, that is okay)
I asked them to check the brakes. I should have asked them to wait before saying 'go ahead'. Later, they did not pick my call. (They might have thought I am calling to cancel something out of their list)

AC. That should have been avoided. But, they are not picking call [frustration]

Labor charge is almost 4K for all these. 1350 for their regular service and rest for respective replacements. I need to see the bill when i go there.

Anyways, nothing much can be done now ! Will post the bill once i receive my car

Absolute robbery. My complain against MASS was this only.
An unsuspecting victim like appus is caught in this trauma of the car or the mechanic. If mechanic says we need to obey or else we feel we have not done enough for the car. [frustration]
We need to learn about service intervals from the owners manual.
Anyway ,once you open the owners manual ,there it is written what to do and what not to do.

At least next time be careful.
If there is any genuine complaint see if they can rectify !!!

@Appus

With my best knowledge of a Maruti diesel, please follow this

Get the car service done as per the manual based on the kilometers or time frame which ever comes first.

After 3rd free service(10000km) the service interval is 10000km/one year. So get the car serviced for 9 point check at every 5000km/6 months and also WB,WA from out side apart from the schedule service(during schedule service also, never get WB,WA done at MASS)

This is like mugging, people should sue!

What they're charging for Mineral Oil is even higher than the market price of Synthetic Oil. But I would recommend sticking to Semi-synth or Synth oil, for the sake of your car.

Gearbox Oil and Coolant again heavily overcharged.

Also, the change interval for Gearbox Oil and Coolant should be 1.5-2 times as long as the interval for Engine Oil.

Brake fluid should never be refilled. It is normal for the level to drop as the pads get worn down. The level shown in the reservoir is a way for you to know how worn out the pads are at a glance. When it reaches the minimum you should change any worn out pads/shoes, refill the fluid and bleed the brakes.

AC Filter, AC Blowing Test, Silencer coating, Brake service and consumables are just ways for the showroom to empty your wallet.

As many other members have suggested, change the place you are getting it serviced. Also, if possible, buy any fluids you want changed yourself. This way you get much higher quality for much lower price!

Oil with 0W-40 or 5W-40 with SN grade is better option.
5W40 would be much better.

"S_" grades apply only to petrol engines (The 'S' standing for Spark Ignition). For diesel engines we use "C_" grades ('C' for Compression Ignition).

The appropriate grade would be CF or higher.

The 10K service should not cost more than 5K (utmost).Anything more than this is, you have been taken for ride.
Never heard of silence coating. what is this.
What is break service. It that break pad cleaning or something else.
Break bleeding is required but after vehicle reach certain KM or certain no of years.Depend on car manufacture schedule.If your vehicle has reached it, then you need to do.
I don't see any reason why the gear oil need to change at 10K service.
Wheel Balancing and alignment are important. It is better to do at every 5k KM.

Sorry Guys bit of topic, beg your pardon for that.

I asked M.A.A.S. person to give me the print out of the full service history of my vehicle but he politely refused saying that he can only show me online but not a printout as its not allowed.

Is it so ?

Thread Starter #15
I got the vehicle in the evening. Mixed reactions.

Got a bill of 12036. Some discount was given of 1000RS (10% on labor + ac blower charge or something). Amount paid is 11073

I had some autocard points 1400 or so. But that was not showing up in the card. Initially they said there was no offer and later they said that points were valid only for an year. I could not use that point. I had to shout for them to at least say 'that was only valid for an year' !

The person told me that he tried calling back after seeing my number on my landline and i did not pickup. He did not call the mobile (i had called from mobile too).

Now i read in Recommendations :
Customer did not approve for W/A, W/B. I only asked for Wheel Alignment/balancing which they said 'no need'. I did not notice while getting the bill

The total bill is like this (Part no? in bracket)
Clip 9 5 +4 (09409M07L01 & 09409M08L01) = 2.62 each =23.58
ELEMENT, AIR CLEANER (13780MB6100)- 226.28
EXCHANGE FILTER (16510MB6100) = 1154.59 (Costly one?)
OIL FILTER (16510MB6120) = 340.61
PLUG ASSY,OIL DRAIN (16590MB6130) = 74.24
CABIN AIR FILTER (95861M74L00)=305.68
COOLANT (SG) NON AMINE - 3LTR (99000M24120-551)=615.72
BREAK FLUID 500ML PACK GC1500AA(99000M24120-579)=262.01
GREAS SATCHET, FR CALIPER SLIDING PI(99000M25010) 11.35 X2 =22.70
SCREEN WASH CONC(99000M99027) 50ML =13.10
SYNTHETIC OIL (0W40)-MOBILI(99999MS0W40-MOB) 3.1X 1122.27 =3479.04

All the above prices are excluding the service charge of 14.5% . That adds up to 945Rs

Now the labor
ZA56L01 - Protective Underbody Coating (small veh. - Metachem) - 750
ZE12L0 - PAID SERVICE 30K/50K/70K/90K/110K - 1310
MK01A0M - CALIPER PIN GREASING - 300
MK03A0M - DRUM BRAKE CLEANING - 425
MB01A0M - BRAKE BLEEDING -235
ZE20L0 - CLUTCH BLEEDING - 235
ZA19L0 - POLLUTION CHECK & ISSUE CERTIFICATE - 140 (I asked for emission test)
ZA53L0 - CONSUMABLES CHECK / REPLACEMENT - 175

Total on Parts - 6517.47 , Tax 945.03 7462.50
Total on labor - 3570, Discount 357, tax 385.56 +11.56 = 3610.12

Total =11,073.00

The bill was not clear and that is one reason to type it out.
Second is google search. If someone search for maruti parts number, they may end up in this forum :D
Third & most - I should thank people who spent time to help me. So it is my duty to update the entire stuff here.

One thing what i have learnt is - You will not know the value of one's service unless you visit another !

If the autocard was there, I would have paid less than 10K !

Thanks for all your support.

@amit, viru & others - Vehicle is 2.5 year old. They are saying it is not because of the km, it is because of the number of years they are doing it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom