Is Red Paint Color Prone To Fading in Long Term?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

I have finalized on buying Nissan Terrano. My choices of color were "Fire Red" or "Bronze Grey". But my wife liked Red better.

The showroom person strongly suggested to go for Broze Grey saying that Red might fade over time. I thought being a metalic color this should not happen.

Can you please let me know if there is any disadvantage for going for bright color like red in terms of fading or any other issue? I have seen many red Dusters although none in Terrano (Even Shahwar Nissan show room in Bangalore didnt have red Terrano on display), so can duster owner's also share their experience as shade is similar?

Re: Choosing Red Color for new Vehicle - Any issue?

Hi
I don't think it will fade at all .It may be become dull if not maintained .Get the car Detailed(Polished ,Waxed ) by a professional companies /Car care like 3M . Also if you can repair scratches before rusting would be good . Get the color red .Need any suggestions or help tell me without any hesitation.

Ankit

People quoted the same story during my booking of Honda City. Luckily my colleague owns a Red Santro, I don't find it faded or uneven color patches. So I also booked red. Proper maintenance will take care of this issue. Major reason for this issue is sunlight. I have proper car parking in my office and I live in apartment no sunlight issue.

Actually I preferred for Silver and UT. But the High Command (my wife) liked the Red so much. So I have to go far.[;)]

No need to worry for red shade that you liked, just take care as bright dark shades would make the swirl marks, scratches visible easliy else nothing else to worry about.
Go ahead and take care with routine polishings waxes and it would always keep shining.

Thread Starter #5

Thanks for the reply all :) My wife will sure be Happy!

Hi All

I have finalized on buying Nissan Terrano. My choices of color were "Fire Red" or "Bronze Grey". But my wife liked Red better.

The showroom person strongly suggested to go for Broze Grey saying that Red might fade over time. I thought being a metalic color this should not happen.

Can you please let me know if there is any disadvantage for going for bright color like red in terms of fading or any other issue? I have seen many red Dusters although none in Terrano (Even Shahwar Nissan show room in Bangalore didnt have red Terrano on display), so can duster owner's also share their experience as shade is similar?
I am also using Red colour swift from the last 8 months but did not notice any feeding issue as of now specially when my car stand all the day in direct sunlight. But yes you need to take care of your car like cleaning, waxing,polishing.
For example just few days back.....

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

I am also using Red colour swift from the last 8 months but did not notice any feeding issue as of now specially when my car stand all the day in direct sunlight. But yes you need to take care of your car like cleaning, waxing,polishing.
For example just few days back.....
Thanks Swiftkolkata .. Car looks great especially with SWIFT letters in the front :)

Hi SwiftKolkata,

I liked the swift letters embossed at the front doom of the car bonet. Can you please let me know whether it comes as an accessory or it will be an add you made it outside. if so how much does they charge you.

Helpful if you can find time to reply me

Top Bottom