Paid Service Queries

Thread Starter #1
I could not find an answer to the questions I have wrt paid service of our cars. For the paid service we have been charged with some amount and in my case Rs1300+ for my beat. I have no other serious issues with my car except some ride comfort issues. During the visit to service center for my regular service 37K Kms, I have been forced to perform below checks by SA.

1. WA/WB
2. Engine tuning
3. Engine decorbonising
4. Door adjustments
5. Both break cleaning
I do not remember all other things which SA told me to perform on the car. All these things would have come to close 4K (excluding paid service charges) and it will come to 6k for a service which does not need oil change itself. I have clearly told him that I have no serious complaints with the car and do only the usual checks as part of paid service. On hearing this he was out of words and told me that they do only electrical checks and washing of the car. I do perform WA/WB at regular intervals from an outside shop as this is advisable to do every 5k kms.

I checked chevy website and they have clearly mentioned below checks need to be performed on 37K Kms service,

Periodic Service: 30 months/37,500 kms
Inspection:
Drive Belt (alternator, power steering and A/C compressor)
Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter
Cooling System and Hose Connections
Engine Coolant
Fuel Filter
Fuel Line and Connections
Air Cleaner Element
PCV System
Exhaust Pipe & Mountings
Brake / Clutch Fluid
Front Brake Pads & Discs
Rear Brake Drum & Linings
Parking Brake
Brake Line & Connections (Including Booster)
Chassis & Underbody Bolts & Nuts Tight / Secure
Tire Condition, Inflation Pressure & Rotation
Steering Wheel & Linkage
Manual Transmission Fluid
Drive Shaft Boots
Safety Belts, Buckles & Anchorages
Lubricate Locks, Hinges & hood Latch
Pollen filter
Battery
Lamps & Bulbs
Wiper Blade
Total Cost*:
Rs. 1,320/-

Can you please clarify my concerns that, should I perform all items told by SA for 37K incase I do not have any issues with my car at all? How do I verify/cross check that all checks mentioned above has been performed on my car ? and I seriously doubt that all above checks has been done with the car. this happens everytime I go for servicing that SA forcing to take all checks even for 15K/20K service without oil/filter change. 5-6K towards normal service for a hatchback looks quite a lot.

Cheers [:)]

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Paid service clarifications

You should get your car serviced from the service center if you need to change the oil since paid service includes labor of oil change.

And at 37k, get the brakes cleaned, throttle body cleaning and injectors cleaned since they directly affects the mileage and acceleration of the car. You can get this done from outside mechanic.

And no you cannot confirm what all work they have done since they won't allow you near the service area. But whenever you go ask your adviser to take you near your car when the work is going on.

And while inspecting they will definitely change something :p they will say all the things which might worry you. Get things done from outside in front of your eyes but do major works only from service center.

Whatever list is given by SA, remove the Engine decorbonising, i don't think engine need decorbonisation in such kilometer.
Add Engine oil replacement to the list.

Whatever list of TODO thing mentioned by car manufacturer are supposed to be carried out the SA. But they do nothing until unless being pressurized to do so for any particular thing or have to mentioned during job card creation. But be sure they will not check all.
So some of the part which could have been saved from damage only by doing some tightening or cleaning or by greasing have to change latter because of periodic damage.

So you can do engine oil change etc etc at any authorized service station so as to maintain the vehicle service history and can do other things checked at the local service station.

Yes I agree with above about decarbonising. Please check you rmanual about the interval of same. I do not think its required less than 50-60K kms.

Top Bottom