Childhood Dream: How To Become a Car Mechanic?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I am trying to live my childhood dream of being a car mechanic.
I am from a different background as for as my profession goes but i want to start from the ground up to learn about and service my own cars, as a hobby.

I would prefer tata nano or similar low end cars which i can afford to make mistakes and learn things.

Is there any evening course in chennai for automobile engineering or a hands on mechanic shop/master/enthusiast from whom/where i can learn the basics.

Yeah it sounds weird/stupid, but why not live your childhood dream just for yourself.

Hope someone will guide me in right direction.

p.s I live in chennai and prefer to get hands on help locally and guidance from anywhere.

Thanks to all
Nanba

Hello All,

I am from a different background as for as my profession goes but i want to start from the ground up to learn about and service my own cars, as a hobby.

I would prefer tata nano or similar low end cars which i can afford to make mistakes and learn things.

Is there any evening course in chennai for automobile engineering or a hands on mechanic shop/master/enthusiast from whom/where i can learn the basics.

Yeah it sounds weird/stupid, but why not live your childhood dream just for yourself.

Hope someone will guide me in right direction.

p.s I live in chennai and prefer to get hands on help locally and guidance from anywhere.

Thanks to all
Nanba
I too like to learn Automobile Repairing. But my problems are time and age.[clap]

All the very best and appreciate your passion.

BTW which car do you own now? Does the above statement mean that you will be purchasing a Nano or any other car? If so, M800 is the best bet, very simple engineering and easy to understand.

Is there any evening course in Chennai for automobile engineering or a hands on mechanic shop/master/enthusiast from whom/where i can learn the basics.
For regular services like consumable change, wear & tear parts change it is quite easy. Stand with any mechanic and observe his activity sequence. For any major repair, you should undergo proper training. Not sure about the classes availability in Chennai.

p.s I live in chennai
Never knew Chennai is in Newyork [confused]
Untitled.jpg

Thread Starter #4
@Sidd7hartha

Age should never interfere your passion i guess, in fact i am an example [:D]

@Mr.Boss

As i said my profession is different and i travel. [:D] How did you get that?
Yes, i am planning to buy a used car just for learning. M800 is also in mind.
But thought TATA Nano is new and technology should be approachable for below reasons.
NANO vs M800 - EFI vs carburetor ?

I am not interested in simple things, I want to learn in depth, CAN bus message hacking/understanding, engine piston head positions, EFI firing timings(carburetor might not come back), air fuel mix ratio alterations etc. They are doable, whatever the naysayers say.

Eventually i want to decide the torque and fuel consumption, that's why i have to own the car.

Oil change and car detailing might be a hobby, but not for me. [;)]

Probably i am looking beyond simple roadside mechanic.

Thanks for your time.

@dbeggham,
Thanks for the encouragement. To me car is not a luxury item, it is technical marvel. The laws of thermodynamics in solid reality with all its elegance. In kolkata there are some institution who teach automobile repairing for for professional purpose. The educational qualification they call for is not beyond 10+2. Problem is to sort out enough time from official work and fatigue from the work. Also I don't know how those institutions will react to my amateur effort. Another point is detachment from science and mathematics for long.

you can get good knowledge on internet,
for practical training you can go for santro or zen or wagonr these cars are really cheap now a days, all cars have simple basic functionality technology to enhance their functionality is different in different cars so start with basics & its upto you how fast you learn.

Top Bottom