Is It Good Idea To Use 1 Tubeless Tyre with 3 Tubed Tyres?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

One of the rear tires of my Zen LX has a bulge due to which the car wobbles so planning to buy a new tire and need some help regarding it.

I checked a few tires online and see that most are tubeless (also recommended) while tubed ones are relatively expensive and not recommended, but my concern is the other 3 tires in the car are tubed ones and will it be a good idea to use one tubeless tire with 3 other tubed ones?

If possibly yes, then what could be the best combination like where to place the tubeless tire in front or rear?

If no, then which tubed brand should i go for?

Also, I have one extra worn out tire so i was thinking to go for remoulding it (and drop buying a new tire for now). Will it be good option to get it remoulded? My running is not more than 500kms/ month and that too no highways, only city within city limits.

Hi Mate
If you want to go with tubed and tubless tyres
i would say go in pairs
this simply means front two tyres same and the rear two tyres same.

you can fit two tubed tyres in front and two tubless tyres at rear.

I would suggest you to stay with all same type of tyres. But if you want go differently still, then go for
FWD = front tyres tubeless, rear tyres tube.
RWD = rear tyres tubeless, front tyres tube.

Since your car is maruti zen which is FWD, you should opt for both front tyres as tubeless.
I would not prefer remoulding since it would not be such a safe option.

Keep the tubeless tyres in the front in a front wheel drive vehicle because more heat is generated at the front as compared to the rear and tubeless tyres means better cooling if compared to the tubed ones.

Keep Revving,
hvrudhula.

Top Bottom