Car A/C Deodorizer

Thread Starter #1
Prelude - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ions/1623-best-car-perfume-17.html#post341274

That said, you may know the reason why I want to get my A/C Deodorized. Perhaps, even otherwise too. It's good to be done often, ain't?

I heard there are 2 types of deodorizers in general.
Questions -
  1. Which of these is preferred or both?
  2. What is the best way to get the Car A/C deodorized?
  3. Your personal experiences?
  4. Any other brands/products than ABRO or they are the best?

As I am little sensitive to these fragrance and odors, want to be doubly sure at least not to have a negative effect.

Hey mate
if your car is having a bad odor coming from the vents then it could be your cabin filter that needs service

if your car doesn't have one check the air con pipes where they sit. sometimes the water doesn't drain and it stays in the car making a fishy smell

wet carpets can be issue too

i had similar car once .. and that was a nightmare dealing with it. I bought a carpet shampoo and cleaned inside and then took seats out .

after that i sprayed a powder to soak and then vaccum and done!

how about the running hot air blower for some time with ventilation mode and re-circulation mode (AC should be off). The air should be hot not warm(do this after running the engine for a longer time).

Thread Starter #5
Hey mate
if your car is having a bad odor coming from the vents then it could be your cabin filter that needs service

if your car doesn't have one check the air con pipes where they sit. sometimes the water doesn't drain and it stays in the car making a fishy smell

wet carpets can be issue too

i had similar car once .. and that was a nightmare dealing with it. I bought a carpet shampoo and cleaned inside and then took seats out .

after that i sprayed a powder to soak and then vaccum and done!
No bad odor as such, but at times. Not always. I can do Cabin Filter (AC Filter) cleaning when I can visit FASS.

No wet carpet.

My question of deodorizing is not just for odors, but I want to cleanse the AC System.

I wonder if these sprays will damage Plastic air vents etc. I had used before. it was much more efficient than car perfumes we use.
I don't get your point clearly. So you mean, it's good to use such deodorizers? Or doubt whether it will spoil the plastic parts?

how about the running hot air blower for some time with ventilation mode and re-circulation mode (AC should be off). The air should be hot not warm(do this after running the engine for a longer time).
Yes, someone else too suggested me the same in Figo FB page. Done it once for a minute or so. I will do it again tomorrow for about 5 mins.

There are two types of products, one is deodorizers-can be any scents, and other one is Odour eliminators-which may not have any smell, but will remove the odour and bacteria. Mequiars got one.

My question of deodorizing is not just for odors, but I want to cleanse the AC System.
I think this can be done by the dealer or auto A/C mechanic who use some sort of foam to clean the A/C system. The foam is supposed to clean and disinfect also thereby eliminating any odor from A/C.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
There are two types of products, one is deodorizers-can be any scents, and other one is Odour eliminators-which may not have any smell, but will remove the odour and bacteria. Mequiars got one.
I think this can be done by the dealer or auto A/C mechanic who use some sort of foam to clean the A/C system. The foam is supposed to clean and disinfect also thereby eliminating any odor from A/C.
Thanks Duked / Srinivas_GS.

So otherwise, none have any experience on ABRO Deodorizers?

Top Bottom