Good Body Shops in Chennai?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz

had a small yet big mishap while driving to chennai from my hometown. When those party wagons in tata ACE rammed on my back witha a brake failure due to overload (close to 15ppl :frown:) I had to brake suddenly to avoid hitting the vehicles braking before me while negotiating a turn to find those morning sweepers in the blind cure. While i managed to avoid hitting him this godforsaken beast came n hit me in the back and stopping on my brake which i was still holding.

Fortunately for me nobody was hurt as i was riding a full house on my back with kid. and was able to register a complaint and come back as there was not much of damage on the front side

TO my horror the insurance had expired a month before which i discovered only later courtesy my frequent official travels.

Can anyone suggest some good body shops around chennai where i can do it cheaper

Any idea how much an A.S.S would charge

A local mechanic said bumper needs replacement along with the door as the boot lock latch is completely damaged and close to 1inch of the bottom boot has to be tinkered.

Not sure what had happened to the stepney which is to be seen.

refer attached pics.

Thanks in advance guyz.. replies would greatly help me.

20140224_122402-2.jpg

20140224_122408.jpg

20140224_123744.jpg

Re: Good Body Shops in Chennai? Need To Repair Ford Ikon

The bumper would replacement for sure, and the boot lid can be re done. Get some good tinker.

Hi guyz

had a small yet big mishap while driving to chennai from my hometown. When those party wagons in tata ACE rammed on my back witha a brake failure due to overload (close to 15ppl :frown:) I had to brake suddenly to avoid hitting the vehicles braking before me while negotiating a turn to find those morning sweepers in the blind cure. While i managed to avoid hitting him this godforsaken beast came n hit me in the back and stopping on my brake which i was still holding.

Fortunately for me nobody was hurt as i was riding a full house on my back with kid. and was able to register a complaint and come back as there was not much of damage on the front side

TO my horror the insurance had expired a month before which i discovered only later courtesy my frequent official travels.

Can anyone suggest some good body shops around chennai where i can do it cheaper

A local mechanic said bumper needs replacement along with the door as the boot lock latch is completely damaged and close to 1inch of the bottom boot has to be tinkered.

refer attached pics.

View attachment 128760

View attachment 128761

View attachment 128762
Sorry to see your Ikon in such condition

As like Anushman said, the bumper has to be replaced. For tinkering and painting, there are so many shops available in Chennai. But, I'm not aware of any shops in Chennai. Hope proper Chennai guys can help you out here.

BTW, are you doing service from Vellore?, I can able to see Sarvesh motors stickers in the Bumper.

Hi guyz

refer attached pics.

I think without insurance both local tinkering shops and A.S.S. may charge alike albeit a small difference. You may wish to enquire once with Ford A.S.S. and compare others too. Pls. let us know which are in Chennai you are from? You may wish to check at CarNation at Guindy IE.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about the incident. And the worst part is expired insurance.
You are damn luck that the damage was only to the car.

Which part of chennai are you from? I have a good tinker working in Bosch Authorised car service - Maraimalai Nagar. He also works in some other garage near Koyembedu.

Going to Ford Service for dents and paints will put a big scratch on your pocket. [;)]

Look out for a local Paint Shop. Also check out Fuel tank damage. Bumper needs to be replace for sure. I wish there must be a spare tyre in the boot which have saved some internal damages.

Local paint shop are capable of removing all the dent and repaint whole bonnet. According to me
it might cost around Rs 8000.

- dent removal Rs 1000
- full repaint Rs 4000
- bumper cost need to be check out at Ford Service.

Hi, What is the current status? I know one guy whose work is really good and the rates are also reasonable. He is having his garage near keelkattalai. BTW where are you put up in chennai currently. If you are some where near, we can check with that person also.

Hi Vinoth, could you please share contact detail of good body workshop near keelkatalai?

my hyundai i10 car back bumper got damaged, need to rectify it.

please assist. thank you in anticipation.

regards,
SSBABU

Thread Starter #9

Sorry guys for not updating. I got it back in shape. Cost around 21k With A.S.S

Im driving regularly for office but of-course being extra-Respect for those ACE's [;)]

Last edited:

Mee to looking for good body painting shop as MASS is charging too much today i have give my Ritzzz to service after all three free service over clocked 15260 till now.

For painting the 4 door handle they have quoted me around 2400K + tax
Each OVRM costs 600+tax.

Driver side passenger door has small dent which they say total door to be painted for a minor scratch totally shocked after quoted overall with approx of 8k for totally work i came back home no need.

very very costly body work i never think of painting in MASS.

Can any one suggest me good spray paint workshop which has oven room for dust free painting.

I heard of Bosch car service at vadapalani doing better and cost effective any one has any comments on this workshop or experience with this service centre are welcome.

Last edited:
Dent repair in Chennai

Hi All

please someone help me out in finding a person who can get my car into shape. I have a 30 cm long dent on the right fender of my Alto 800. A splendor parked on a slope just came down and banged my car when taking it out of my street (felt like watching final destination [anger]). Also, there are few other small dents on doors as well. Cost is a concern. MSM quoted 4500 approx. for fender dent alone.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Dent repair in Chennai

please someone help me out in finding a person who can get my car into shape. I have a 30 cm long dent on the right fender of my Alto 800. MSM quoted 4500 approx. for fender dent alone.
Dear Vinod, Pictures are always helpful dear. Kindly upload so we can give correct suggestions.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom