2 Major Problems With My Car Parking: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Need urgent suggestions from fellow members here

1- there is lamp post right above my car park. And this results in excess bird droppings everyday. Society not allowing me to put a shade nor i want to put car cover daily. any alternatives ? My car is red color though.

2- dog on the roof. Now I am sure its a dog because I can notice the footprints.
And because of this there are scratches and moreover the roof is caving in. There are like 10-15 dogs in my society and as usual they are not willing to help at all.

Pics attached.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2 Major Problems with my car park- urgent help guys

Need urgent suggestions from fellow members here

1- there is lamp post right above my car park. And this results in excess bird droppings everyday. Society not allowing me to put a shade nor i want to put car cover daily. any alternatives ? My car is red color though.

2- dog on the roof. Now I am sure its a dog because I can notice the footprints.
And because of this there are scratches and moreover the roof is caving in. There are like 10-15 dogs in my society and as usual they are not willing to help at all.

Pics attached.

Why not go for teflon coating as a temporary measure?

2 Major Problems with my car park- urgent help guys

Teflon coating is really a temporary measure. all you have is to cover your car properly with a good cover. that is the best option keeping your car in mind.

I can't control my laugh, imagining at your problem. Well the problem related to the dogs can be solved, all you need to take a little effort.

A got the suggestion from my neighbour, who has similar problem of CAT on the car roof and scratching the paint just for fun during night when there is no one in the parking space. For 3-4 nights he started keeping watch and whenever they sits on the roof, he throws water on them with mug. Within a week the problem was solved without hurting the poor animals.

try your luck!!!

Its a very sorry problem and i would be in pain if this happens to me!

Temporarily i would start using a cover and also would wind up barbed wire over the pole where the birds sit - i would make the society chairman sit on it if he has issues with this as well and will send the bird poop to his house in a sweet-box regularly.[gun]

Edit: Regarding the dog problem , i would use some natural repellents (sure the internet would have some info), only thing is you can't put sprays or liquids/solids or gels on top of your car - so you will need to find an innovative way of keeping the repellent so that it does not stain your car, but still repel the dogs.

Last edited:

mate keep 2 -3 bottles of water on the car roof which will repel the dogs. ( from my own experience )

Regarding the birds, you need to fight with the society people. No other measures are going to help, in fact if the poop remained on the body for a couple of days for a couple of times(example: you are out of town for a week and the cleaner doesn't clean your car thoroughly) then you will be in the real problem.

About dogs, you know petrol is a fantastic dog repellent. Just one liter of petrol and a syringe(for spraying petrol) and dogs won't even look at your car. [lol]

i am also having same kind of problem like bird drop and dust,is it safe for car paint if i cover the car with cover every timme or it mmay scratch the paint//

Regarding the birds, you need to fight with the society people. No other measures are going to help, in fact if the poop remained on the body for a couple of days for a couple of times(example: you are out of town for a week and the cleaner doesn't clean your car thoroughly) then you will be in the real problem.

About dogs, you know petrol is a fantastic dog repellent. Just one liter of petrol and a syringe(for spraying petrol) and dogs won't even look at your car. [lol]
Isnt that risky to spray petrol over the car ?

Thread Starter #11
Thank you all for your inputs however I would like to add more to this story

Last night I went down to collect few things from my car and the moment I sat inside and shut the door, I hear a loud bang and felt car moving / shaking. Initial reaction was someone from behind rear ended [frustration] but then it was 2AM and nobody around. that is when i see a dog jumping onto the car behind me through rear view mirror (WTF!) , I quickly get out to shoo him away (Dont want to cause any harm to them).

BTW, I asked building security to keep a watch on this dog since he is the only one who keeps jumping on all the cars and have already damaged 3-4 of them in the society.

And for bird droppings, there are already couple of spots permanently etched onto the paint and that is why I am eager to find a solution before the entire car is ruined.

350Z

Core Team
BTW, I asked building security to keep a watch on this dog since he is the only one who keeps jumping on all the cars and have already damaged 3-4 of them in the society.

And for bird droppings, there are already couple of spots permanently etched onto the paint and that is why I am eager to find a solution before the entire car is ruined.
Until there is an action from society chief, I'll suggest to cover the car daily (to prevent bird droppings) and spread some water on roof during night. Dogs avoid wet surface.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dogs hate smell of vinegar apparently, but vinegar can stain, can you get innovative and tie a vinegar stench-ed cloth pieces carefully (without staining the car) around - may be after a few days the dog might not attempt. Just place is such ways it wont stain the car, may be pour a little around the car - not sure how long it stays but worth a try.

Top Bottom