Possible Cheating By Dealership. Need Advice!

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was doing some work on my Estilo today when I discovered that the headlight bulbs that came fitted are 60/55W Osrams while the spare headlamps that came in the boot of the car are 60/55W Halonix! [surprise]
I haven't tested the brightness yet but AFAIK Halonix are cheaper and of worse quality.

Am I the only one who has this anomaly? Is this a possible case of cheating by the dealership?

Please advise!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Possible cheating...need advice!

relax Man. okay think osram ones were out of stock so these are better than NO bulbs. chill. not a big deal.

I'll anyways keep them aside and go for Philips diamond vision.

Thread Starter #3

relax Man. okay think osram ones were out of stock so these are better than NO bulbs. chill. not a big deal.

I'll anyways keep them aside and go for Philips diamond vision.
But how can the Maruti factory run out of headlamps? Even if they did, why would they have dodgy ones in stock?
I'm really suspecting my dealer, I've known him for a long time but he's a real jerk sometimes.

Yep, my plan was to replace for Philips Diamond vision or Xtreme vision when the stock ones burn out, which will be in a long time anyways [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

I got Philips bulbs in both places.

Within a year I have upgraded it to Philips rally 100/90 watts with relay due to the poor visibility at night speeds. After the upgrades I found headlight vertical height adjusting point and adjusted to the comfort level. So Few days back I again switched back to 60/55 watts bulbs but haven't get a chance to ride at night to check whether I can adjust with this lesser wattage bulbs.

Thread Starter #5

Your car came from the factory with Philips bulbs? [surprise] What year did you buy it?

Any heat damage to the reflector from the 100/90 bulbs?

my plan was to replace for Philips Diamond vision or Xtreme vision when the stock ones burn out, which will be in a long time anyways [;)]
Brother, if you are satisfied with the Stock bulbs leave the plan of upgrading. Or else if you have planned for an upgrade, don't wait till the stock ones give up.

Thread Starter #7

Brother, if you are satisfied with the Stock bulbs leave the plan of upgrading. Or else if you have planned for an upgrade, don't wait till the stock ones give up.
Well, I don't drive much at night these days, and I don't want to end up with 4 spare bulbs lying around, as I only need max. 2 for emergencies. I am a cheapskate so would rather wait for 2 of them to reach the end of their life, or find another use for them first! [;)]

Your car came from the factory with Philips bulbs? [surprise] What year did you buy it?

Any heat damage to the reflector from the 100/90 bulbs?
Yes. I brought my car in April 2009.

No, no damage. Continuously I have used for a maximum of 5 hours.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

That's definitely very odd, I want to know which ones, can you please send me a pic of the printed text on the rim of the bulb??

I'm definitely going to look into getting those [:D]

Thread Starter #10

That's definitely very odd, I want to know which ones, can you please send me a pic of the printed text on the rim of the bulb??

I'm definitely going to look into getting 100/90 bulbs now [:D]

That's definitely very odd
Nothing odd dude. OEMs generally have dual / multiple sources for certain parts for various reasons (like, due to volume supportability constrain from supplier) From OEM point of view be it Osram, Philips, Halonix everything is same until they satisfy the company specification and testing requirements. Though different brand products perform different in actuals, their on-paper results will be same / almost same. Target values are always set in a band (with tolerance) and if the product fits within the band is considered to be OK.

Thread Starter #12

Nothing odd dude. OEMs generally have dual / multiple sources for certain parts for various reasons (like, due to volume supportability constrain from supplier) From OEM point of view be it Osram, Philips, Halonix everything is same until they satisfy the company specification and testing requirements. Though different brand products perform different in actuals, their on-paper results will be same / almost same. Target values are always set in a band (with tolerance) and if the product fits within the band is considered to be OK.
True. Over the years of owning my X-trail and buying Nissan original parts the Air filter was a different brand almost every time I got it changed! [lol]

Didn't realize Suzuki was doing this with their headlights too! [surprise]

I'm definitely going to look into getting 100/90 bulbs now [:D]
Hehe..[:D]

Ya sure, have a look.

I dont like whitish kind of light so I opted for Phillips Rally 100/90 watts. Use relay when you go for 100/90 watts.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

Hehe..[:D]

Ya sure, have a look.

I dont like whitish kind of light so I opted for Phillips Rally 100/90 watts. Use relay when you go for 100/90 watts.
Pic is not loading, try uploading it again. The standard Suzuki bulbs aren't whitish, they are the typical yellowish colour!

Top Bottom