Problem with Replaced Air Conditioning Knobs in Tata Safari

Thread Starter #1
Hello all. I recently got my Safari serviced in one of the authorised service centres in Pune. The air conditioning was not working properly. They checked the system, refilled gas and had few other replacements. The TASS people also told me that the direction motor has gone bad and I cannot use it for directing the air flow. So I asked them to replace. They replaced it with some stupid knobs and they are so pathetic.:mad: While rotating between the chill and heater i.e., the left most knob, there is this thud noise when I rotate it and it no more has those little steps which were there in the older knob panel. Even the right most knob which is the flow direction knob is pathetic to rotate. Even it doesn't has this step. They even look like yuckk :(...the New knob panel no more have the look and feel of the old one. I still have the old knob panel lying in the boot and it was very good compared to the New one. I agree the plastics are not good in the Tata vehicles but
By atleast it can't degrade. The old ones were really very good. Is there any possible way to replace just the knobs of the old one on the New panel? All your expert suggestions would really be a boon to Me. thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
hi anshuman. I've never seen in the sumo. I will try uploading pics by afternoon. I log into TAI from the android app. I should log in from pc to upload pictures.

Top Bottom