Are OEM Painted Bumpers Available in Market?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Just an unusual question: I know if any damages with the car paint or bumper scratches damages, authorize service centers repairs and repainted the damaged areas. Also I’ve been noticing if any OE part get damages like complete door assemble, bumpers the OEM comes unpainted and service centers paints those parts and assemble. Even sometime service centers don’t do that by themselves, they get those done from small or nearby paint workers or paint shops.

My question is: is there any option in India to get a Hyundai Factory painted bumpers? Which comes painted directly from the factory like the stock car? Please advice.

No OEM supplier sends painted bumpers/body panels. They are always in black/grey colour and needs to be repainted before installation.

Hi friends,

Just an unusual question: I know if any damages with the car paint or bumper scratches damages, authorize service centers repairs and repainted the damaged areas. Also I’ve been noticing if any OE part get damages like complete door assemble, bumpers the OEM comes unpainted and service centers paints those parts and assemble. Even sometime service centers don’t do that by themselves, they get those done from small or nearby paint workers or paint shops.

My question is: is there any option in India to get a Hyundai Factory painted bumpers? Which comes painted directly from the factory like the stock car? Please advice.

A simple reason why the Company do not sell OEM painted parts because the color of the car changes with time as it gets old. So OEM painted parts like bumper will never match 100% to your car color. At Service station, they mix the color is such a way that it exactly matches your car color with current condition. I hope I make sense here [:)]

Thread Starter #4
A simple reason why the Company do not sell OEM painted parts because the color of the car changes with time as it gets old. So OEM painted parts like bumper will never match 100% to your car color. At Service station, they mix the color is such a way that it exactly matches your car color with current condition. I hope I make sense here [:)]
Yes I know that. But that’s not a matter for new cars (color fades by time due to sunlight). But I heard in few countries (like in US) one can get factory painted bumpers from Hyundai, however they are cost double than what it would cost OE bumper and then paint in workshop. That is why I was asking.

Few people get it to avoid bad jobs done at ASC and for good quality of paints and finishing.

Yes I know that. But that’s not a matter for new cars (color fades by time due to sunlight). But I heard in few countries (like in US) one can get factory painted bumpers from Hyundai, however they are cost double than what it would cost OE bumper and then paint in workshop. That is why I was asking.

Few people get it to avoid bad jobs done at ASC and for good quality of paints and finishing.
No. One cannot get factory painted bumpers in US. I am in US and had to replace my bumper last year. All they do is get a black bumper and paint it with the color code of your car.

No. One cannot get factory painted bumpers in US. I am in US and had to replace my bumper last year. All they do is get a black bumper and paint it with the color code of your car.
That is common everywhere and it does not make any sense for OEM suppliers to make coloured bumpers. Since color shades get discontinued soon.

Thread Starter #8
May be you’re right but I’ve seen a dealer in CA who gave quotation for separate two for one of my known person’s car and it was a Hyundai dealer, don’t know about other companies.

Thread Starter #9
OE black bumper is common thing, but there have many small parts like RVM body color painted, so if those needs to replace, does those too comes OE black without color? I don’t think so.

Top Bottom