13K Service Charge For Indica Vista TDI 4 Years Service

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Indica Vista TDI which I purchased in 2009 October.
I have done only 14.5K kilometers. This time I took it for scheduled service to Concorde motors.

I decided to take AMC which costed me 8.1 K.
At the end with all parts replacement and engine decarbonizing, they charged me additional 4.8k.
All in all its 12k+ for maintenance.

Is the AMC thing really effective or did I do something wrong in purchasing it. They say the engine oil and other necessary stuffs are covered for the next service too. Did I do something majorly wrong by paying so much money ?
Please help me
Thanks
Sandeep

Since your driving is so low AMC might not be so effective.

Why decarbonizing at so low mileage ? Our erstwhile Indigo TDI (same engine as yours) decarbonizing was done in 50K and 80K service.

Since you have already paid for it, I guess all your service cost will be free for a while now.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Anshuman,

Thanks for your reply.
I kind of agree with your thoughts on the need for AMC. I have opted for it.. so I guess I will live with it :)

Also regarding engine de-carbonizing, though the car has run only 14.5 K they have considered it to be a routine 40K service and did everything that was need for that many kilometers.

Thanks
Sandeep

hello TAI's i had a few douts about engine back pump issue is it major issue to diesel n petrol engines resently i was planed to buy used car so i has visited drcars hyderabad (used car dealer) they provide clear and clean information on cars condition they sold but mostly 90% tata cars sold in drcars had a remark of back pump and tappet noise issue so is it major issue and how can we solve that issue please suggest me?

Top Bottom