Why is Airbag Warning Light on in My Toyota Corolla?

Thread Starter #1
When I started my Corolla today , I noticed Airbag Warning light is on even in running car , I turned of car n started again but Airbag light in not going off , I travelled for 5 kms today but Indicator is always on (not after turned off key) .what could be the reason ? it was ok till yesterday .
my car is corolla h1 1.8j + cng 2004 model .

Re: why Airbag warning light is on in my toyota corolla ?

The light come on when the system detects a problem and sets a trouble code. You should have it diagnosed by a trained technician. The airbag system is not for do it yourself.

because there is a problem with the air bag system. When the air bag light is on the system is not working and will not deploy in the event of an accident

Thread Starter #3

I will go to Showroom on monday , I asked if anyone has faced same problem ? I hope it shouldn't be anything costly !:frown:

Airbag related stuffs are usually at a higher side of expenditure scale. But life is precious and airbags are very important safety item. So get it checcked by a Toyota ASS.

Disconnect your negative terminal of the battery and leave it for sometime.
Then reconnect and check.
It once happened in my friend's swift.After this procedure, the light never came.

Disconnect your negative terminal of the battery and leave it for sometime.
Then reconnect and check.
It once happened in my friend's swift.After this procedure, the light never came.
@ nvrmndryo, please check and let us know if this works for you too.

Did you hit any bump in the road ?

If one of the sensors misinterpreted a sudden bump or something, you may reset the ECU by removing the terminal from the battery.

If it is still on, you need to get it checked at the A.S.S at the earliest. The reason could also be due to
  • Faulty crash sensor/s
  • Airbag related wiring issue or some loose connection

A very likely possibility is the cabling unit behind the horn is faulty you would however require the car to be scanned to find out what is wrong. This part fails quite often on innovas I have replaced a few.

Thread Starter #9
i called in showroom they said must be rat went inside n done something to wires , but i have to leave car for one day in showroom to check . So I called my garagewala, he said we will check by scanning . so now I will go to my garage n check via scanning .

Thread Starter #11
Scanned for error , found right side Airbag has problem , I found droppings of rat so my garage wala checked all wiring and found wiring was bitten by Rat .He taped wiring . Problem solved .[:)]

Attachments

Top Bottom