Snake in Engine Compartment!

Thread Starter #1
Guys I know this is probably the wrong section, but please help.

I have an i10, I just saw a snake crawl up through the front mesh into the engine section. What do i do to get rid of it. I tried kicking tyres, running engine, spraying water through the mesh, driving around.

I can't see it, but as I have not seen it drop out it must still be there.

Lokked in the engine bay but could not see it.

Is it possible for it to get into the passanger compartment.

Thanks.

Re: Snakes

This is indeed a dangerous situation. I would have not enetred the car if I was in your place. Still as a matter of security I will suggest to show it to ASS so that they can search at places underneath dashboard or any other open places where a snake can reach. By the way ensure you park your car at secured place.

Johnlord@

When it happened? I dont think they wil stay there for more than 3 days.
I heard that smell of kerosine could make them come out.

You should goto any water service station and tell them the situation.

They usually spray a diesel mixture for cleaning. either you can try that or kerosine in under body and engine room and wait for some time after spraying the mixture. If nothing happened you can have a good water wash for your car and go home.

FD@
In Kerala,
Contacting Muncipal office for this will be a joke!!

Last edited:
if you fear, the snake is inside the car, park the car in sunlight. it will make the snake go out. it's a big snake or small one? even for a small snake, there won't be a place to hide inside the engine. i guess there is no way for a snake to enter the passenger compartment

I have had some experience,you can open the bonnet & park it under a well lit area,snakes prefer dark places. ,I have not had same scenario but moving a baby cobra from our garden,i had a card board box places side ways & had it attached to a long stick,upon agitating the baby cobra it went into the safety of the dark box,i had my worker turn the box vertical & take the box away quickly. MORAL OF THE STORY, SNAKES PREFER DARKNESS TO HIDE DURING DANGER. Learnt this from a Sri Lankan tea estate video

You can park car away & light alot of incense sticks,the odour & smoke should flush it out.
In almost all cars there will be a beading on the firewall that is to let wiringfrom engine bay to dashboard.possibility of snake in the cabin is high if that beading is loose

Last edited:
Can you call a snake friend a he might rescue the animal safely and would not cause the damage to car and the snake will be also rescued without any harm

Its better to call a snake catcher rather taking the car to service station nor open up and keep the car till the snake leaves. I agree what konkantrip said. So call some snake catcher and let him find it out where it is. Don't delay as there are chances to hide some where inside the passenger area also.

Thread Starter #10
Called HASS they said they do not know what to suggest.

Shook the car, kicked tyres, drove the car. look inside engine bay nothing.

Thanks for all the suggestions. As the car is new all the beadings are in good condition. My only concern is that I am due to go on a long trip on Sat. If during the drive the snake somehow gets into the passanger section there will be problems.

How can I call a snake catcher when we can't be sure where the snake is.

The snake is about 1-1.5 inch thick and about 3 - 4 ft in length. Will try incense sticks.

Last edited:
IMO - Ensure that the snake is not inside car before even driving it. GOOgle for various options of snakes catcher inyour area and you might get some idea.

Interesting issue!
You can try all the above.
But do you know for sure that the snake is still inside?
Best to call a snake catcher!

very interesting,

there is section on the side of the bonnet area (above front tyres) where heat of engine is not so much & have enough space to settle down 2-3 snake easily.

Thread Starter #14
No way of knowing if snake is still there. I think it is non poisonous. My wife opened our front door it was on our porch. From there it went straight to the car. Even if snake catcher comes we can't be sure where it is or if it is still there.

I think the snake would have disappeared by now. You said that you drove the car for sometime and this will generate heat inside the engine bay. So the chances are that the snake could have vanished.

Top Bottom