Unauthorized Discount at Service Center

Thread Starter #1
I posted this on another thread but I dont think anybody saw it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post (mods please move if required)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6-met-accident-need-help-insurance-claim.html

This is my accident from before. The HASS just got the bumper in stock last week, don't know why it took so long. Buy my problem is I had to change the bumper and the REFF (no idea what that is), I told them I want the old bumper, they said okay and they said they will give me the REFF as well, they did not, as I don't know what it is, I am not too bothered.

Now is the interesting part, just before I pay the bill the guys comes to me and says if I don't want a receipt he will give me a discount. I said okay and instead of Rs5800 he only charged me RS4800.

Now what I want to know is did I make a mistake, could he have cheated me somehow.

I only agreed as he was only replacing a bumper.
BTW he did not manage to reinstall the rear sensors he says I have to go back next week for that.

. I don't know whats happened. Now I Am back home something feels wrong with the situation not sure what. Could he have fitted a second hand bumper

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Discounts from authorised services centres.

Obviously something feels fishy. You should report that individual to his superior.

Like you said maybe he took a second hand bumper (accidental) and got it repaired and fitted into your car.
( when claiming insurance the old part is destroyed and photographs of the same is sent to the insurance company but many insurance guys and the adviser themselves do unfair practices)

Anyways, god forbid if something were to happen to your bumper and you want to claim insurance, the other agent will not pass it since he'll get to know that it's painted and you have no proof of getting it done from the service center.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Discounts from authorised services centres.

Obviously something feels fishy. You should report that individual to his superior.

Like you said maybe he took a second hand bumper (accidental) and got it repaired and fitted into your car.
( when claiming insurance the old part is destroyed and photographs of the same is sent to the insurance company but many insurance guys and the adviser themselves do unfair practices)

Anyways, god forbid if something were to happen to your bumper and you want to claim insurance, the other agent will not pass it since he'll get to know that it's painted and you have no proof of getting it done from the service center.
Do you have any idea what a REFF is, he said he repalced this as well, but did not give me the old one.

Unfortunately I can't report him, as I accepted his offer. It seems to me either way I lost as the bumper was already fitted and painted when I got there.

The way I see it, either I took the discount or I didn't the bumper was already fitted.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
It can be as simple as he is escaping tax by not giving you a receipt. But Rs. 1000/- off! Will he save that much on tax? I doubt.
Thats what he said he is saving tax. As this is the offical company showroom and service centre would they really try and save tax like this.

Hi Johnlord,
They are evading tax, that's it.But I have no clue what REFF stands for.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Tax will not come this much.usually for tax only they'll not do this. The chance is that they(Supervisor & technicians) got the bumper from any other total loss car or somebody changed the same in there for minor scratches or any clip damaged.
They may be got it painted and fitted in your vehicle and the money you paid will be shared by them. Please check the inner side of the bumper, you can know whether it old or new.

It is simple, if they say no bill means all what you have paid has gone into their packet and there is no guarantee for you if you face any problem with the fitted bumper.

I would like to say something here, never get done something without a tax bill which is not a good practice at all

Thread Starter #10
It is simple, if they say no bill means all what you have paid has gone into their packet and there is no guarantee for you if you face any problem with the fitted bumper.

I would like to say something here, never get done something without a tax bill which is not a good practice at all
Guys like I said the bumper was already fitted when I got there. So I would have come home with this bumper anyhow. Looked on the inside and there are a few paint spots and it looks okay. RK what could go wrong with a bumper. Anyhow lesson learnt.

^^It can't be known that with the bumper quality, if something is wrong with it, you will come to know later on something like getting faded(if it is seconds)

Top Bottom