Rust on a Brand New Nano

Thread Starter #1
We just drove home a brand new 2013 Nano LX today, and while my wife was driving it, I was following her and noticed a rod near the engine that seemed like it was rusted, so as soon as we reached home, I peeped through and it sure was a rod that had a nice layer of rust on it. Here is a picture:

I am going back Monday anyway so I am going to show this to them, but I am concerned that this could imply some issue with the vehicle's storage and any other associated issues that I should watch out for. I would appreciate any inputs on how I should handle this situation.

IMG_20131116_185421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Haridsv,
Congrats on the new purchase. I believe this part is in the rear lower part of the car, that is the drive shaft you are referring to, its normal to find rust on this part, nothing much to worry about. In other cars, its a solid iron rod, so minute rusting on surface wont really affect it. Not sure if Nano has a solid rod (drive shaft) too.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Haridsv,
Congrats on the new purchase. I believe this part is in the rear lower part of the car, that is the drive shaft you are referring to, its normal to find rust on this part, nothing much to worry about. In other cars, its a solid iron rod, so minute rusting on surface wont really affect it. Not sure if Nano has a solid rod (drive shaft) too.
Thank you very much for reassuring that this is normal, and apologies for not posting an overall picture showing its location (I totally missed the fact fact it is lacking in that regard). You are right that it is in the rear lower part, right in front of the engine. I will try to take another picture tomorrow and upload.

Top Bottom