Engine Compartment Rusting Within a Year

Thread Starter #1
Hello Petrol heads [:)],
This is my first post in the forum, I have bought Mahindra Scorpio SLE in JAN 2013 and while cleaning the engine compartment I saw rust on the steering rod and the engine. I am very disappointed and my quest lead me here.
I want to know whether rust problems are under warranty or their is some other solution.
Thank You.
lone_ranger.

Re: Rust in the engine compartment within a year.

Some oxidation is usually found in some areas of all cars and is not a cause of worry. Please post the pictures of the 'rusted' areas so that experts on this Forum would be able to suggest you appropriately. Do check your owner's manual/warranty card; I think Mahindra vehicles come with a five year anti rust and anti perforation warranty.

Re: Rust in the engine compartment within a year.

@ranger

I don't think it is rust, as few parts which carry the heat of the engine look like that. Please post few pics to examine what it is

Hi lone_ranger, dont worry. Since the exhaust manifold and turbo piping is made out of cast iron it seems like rust. Even new cars (brand new) ones have these parts rusted.

These can't be painted because they get heated up (the temp goes up to 100- 120 Degrees). Even the steering joint seems to be of cast iron but any way you could check it with any other Scorpio.

If you insist these parts to look better you could try heat resistant paint. They are available in spray cans you can spray it your self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Great relief knowing it looks like that way, thanks fellow members for the quick responses [:D], there is one more thing i would like to clear, while breaking at slow speeds there is mild squeaking sound, when i told this at M&M ASC, they say it works that way and suggested me to change brake pads at 40k.

Great relief knowing it looks like that way, thanks fellow members for the quick responses [:D], there is one more thing i would like to clear, while breaking at slow speeds there is mild squeaking sound, when i told this at M&M ASC, they say it works that way and suggested me to change brake pads at 40k.
You can insist to get it corrected.
they would clean the brake pads and the noise would then go away.

Thread Starter #13
@mukeshus
thats a pretty clean engine compared to mine [:)], the steering rod (i dont know the exact name, i guess) in your vehicle is black while mine is showing rust, how so?

You can insist to get it corrected.
they would clean the brake pads and the noise would then go away.
will definitely ask them at 3rd service in jan but in the mean time will it affect anything like disc or performance wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mukeshus
thats a pretty clean engine compared to mine [:)], the steering rod (i dont know the exact name, i guess) in your vehicle is black while mine is showing rust, how so?

will definitely ask them at 3rd service in jan but in the mean time will it affect anything like disc or performance wise.
Mine is a pre-refresh mHawk variant.

Check whether if the service center is pouring water on engine compartment.

I strictly tell the SA not to spray jet of water on the engine bay compartment.

He repeats the same to the boys in washing area.

Anyways cant prevent the splashing underneath in rains.

Last edited:

Top Bottom