Hyundai Service & Maintenance Costs

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Grand i10 in the near future. I have always heard excellent feedback on their product, brand value, dealer/A.S.S network. Also i have always felt that they are a VFM brand.

But I am worried about a specific aspect. I have read many reviews on many forums from the Hyundai owners on the rise of the service cost. Many people commented that they were shocked to see their service cost.

Hyundai owners,

Could you please provide your feedback on your experience so far? What is the service interval for your hyundai car and the service bill? This would help me to take an informed decision. Need your help guys...

i10 owners,

Can you guys also comment on your city FE? I also heard many complaints that the FE for i10 is less in city.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai Service Cost

Hii venky..

The service interval for i10 is 10000kms or 6 months which ever is earlier. ( service adviser once told me that if sometime I cover say 5k-6k kms I can get the service done in the next month. )

I have owned i10 and santro for around 4.5 years. Normal service was around 2500rupees. Oil, oil filter, air filter + periodic maintenace.

For the past 2 years haven't calculated i10's mileagr because my dad drives it but he says car gives around 10kmpl in city traffic in summers. Just had a tankful yesterday and I reset the meter, so I will tell you the latest fe if I get a chance.

About other service parts. If some part needs to be changed obviously the bill would come very high.

I changed i10's clutch and believe me local mechanic said to get it done from service center because the difference was just 500rupees ( 5000 from outside, 5500 from company) http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-trio-santro-i10-verna-7.html#post206503

But yeah I prefer to get my car serviced from outside. The bill comes exactly half at 1200-1400 rupees.

But after 15-20 k go to service center for thorough checkup.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Thanks for the reply.

For the past 2 years haven't calculated i10's mileagr because my dad drives it but he says car gives around 10kmpl in city traffic in summers. Just had a tankful yesterday and I reset the meter, so I will tell you the latest fe if I get a chance.
10kmpl in city traffic is lesser end for a hatchback right?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks for the reply.

10kmpl in city traffic is lesser end for a hatchback right?
My friend's i20 gives him 10 kmpl with 195mm tyres :0 so i10 must give around 12kmpl from stock tyres.

I did not want to give you false hope but 10kmpl is just an assumption. Won't be less because verna gives me 8 in much less harsh conditions.

Hi,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Grand i10 in the near future. I have always heard excellent feedback on their product, brand value, dealer/A.S.S network. Also i have always felt that they are a VFM brand.

But I am worried about a specific aspect. I have read many reviews on many forums from the Hyundai owners on the rise of the service cost. Many people commented that they were shocked to see their service cost.

Hyundai owners,

Could you please provide your feedback on your experience so far? What is the service interval for your hyundai car and the service bill? This would help me to take an informed decision. Need your help guys...

i10 owners,

Can you guys also comment on your city FE? I also heard many complaints that the FE for i10 is less in city.

Venki,

All hyundai cars service cost are little higher than the equivalent segment maruti cars, but definitely less than ford and other contemporaries.

I had a santro for almost 3 years, the drive feel and elegance are definitely worth the little extra money spent on services.

Thread Starter #6

Venki,

All hyundai cars service cost are little higher than the equivalent segment maruti cars, but definitely less than ford and other contemporaries.

I had a santro for almost 3 years, the drive feel and elegance are definitely worth the little extra money spent on services.
Thanks Hari. Can you also mention the average FE of your santro, specifically while driving in city?

Thanks Hari. Can you also mention the average FE of your santro, specifically while driving in city?
Venki,

I used santro till 2011 for 3 years after that fiesta and currently tata safari.

Y santro used give anywhere between 11 to 12 in city.its 2003 xg model non eRlx model.heard from friends it will a km more.

Top Bottom