New Verna 1.6 SX (O) D - Only 4 Alloys?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I got the delivery of my new Verna 1.6 SX(O) Automatic Diesel this Sunday, 06-Oct-2013. It came with new alloys and light on the driver side power windows.

But I am highly disappointed on one account. When I went to the dealer for the test drive, I was shown the earlier model (an older model with different set of alloys), I checked and saw that all 5 tyres had alloys.

I naturally assumed that the newer model which was being offered to me would have the same.

After delivery of the vehicle, on paying close attention I realized that only 4 of the tyres had alloys and the spare tyre was fitted with a rim.

I spoke to the sales Rep. and told her that I was not informed about the change, even when I was told that the newer model had different alloys, but as expected she side-stepped the question saying that it must have skipped her mind. She also said that she cannot do anything in this matter as this change was from the company itself and the dealer didn't have anything to do with it.

I want to know if the fellow forum members are aware of this change and any advice I can get to remedy this situation where I was not informed of this change.

Oh, and the 5th alloy, in case I wish to purchase it, is for 13,000 for a single piece!

Thanks!

Re: New Verna 1.6 SX(O) D - 4 alloys only?

First of all, congratz for your new purchase.

Now it is trend that the spare tire does not have alloy. But it is wrong that you were not informed that the TD vehicle and actual delivery vehicle may have some differences.

And now to your question of purchasing 5th Alloy, Why do you want it? You will just use spare in case of puncture and once it is fixed you will be back to Alloy wheel tire.

Use Rs.13,000, for something else in your car or gift something to your wife/GF, she will be much happy. [:D][clap]

Thread Starter #3
Re: New Verna 1.6 SX(O) D - 4 alloys only?

Thanks Dharmesh.

I used to drive a Honda Accord earlier and it had all 5 alloys. I used to rotate all 5 tyres regularly and didn't ever feel a need to use a spare and replace it again once the flat was fixed. So maybe it is a matter of habit more than anything else.

And my concern here is that I should have been told about the changes upfront. Especially when I was told that the alloy design has changed between the newer and older cars.

And no I am not really thinking of buying another alloy for Rs. 13,000. Like you said, maybe it's better to get something for my "bitter" half... [:D]

Hi Ashish . Congrats on your new hot wheel [clap] . I brought my white beauty exactly 1yr 1day earlier i.e 5th Oct 2012 [:)] . all the best have a nice and safe rides of success .... [drive] ... donot drink and drive

Hi ashishkapur,

Congrats on your new Verna. Regarding the absence of 5th alloy this is probably a trick by manufacturers now to provide steel rims as spare to save on costs. Most manufacturers now follow this. Bad news for customers i guess.[anger]

Regards,
Sankar

Hi Everyone,

I got the delivery of my new Verna 1.6 SX(O) Automatic Diesel this Sunday, 06-Oct-2013. It came with new alloys and light on the driver side power windows.

But I am highly disappointed on one account. When I went to the dealer for the test drive, I was shown the earlier model (an older model with different set of alloys), I checked and saw that all 5 tyres had alloys.

I naturally assumed that the newer model which was being offered to me would have the same.

After delivery of the vehicle, on paying close attention I realized that only 4 of the tyres had alloys and the spare tyre was fitted with a rim.

I spoke to the sales Rep. and told her that I was not informed about the change, even when I was told that the newer model had different alloys, but as expected she side-stepped the question saying that it must have skipped her mind. She also said that she cannot do anything in this matter as this change was from the company itself and the dealer didn't have anything to do with it.

I want to know if the fellow forum members are aware of this change and any advice I can get to remedy this situation where I was not informed of this change.

Oh, and the 5th alloy, in case I wish to purchase it, is for 13,000 for a single piece!

Thanks!
Congrats Asish! Unfortunately yes [frustration], It has only four alloys and steel spare. I was informed the day I was booking. I had no other choice but to for it. That how company do cost cutting without increasing the price.

It happened with me too, Sales Exec. (SE) didnt informed me at all about the changes made with alloys, backlit switch, illuminated power window switches, head rest etc. I was silent till the end waiting for him to reveal the changes made in the newer models. Then i started asking one by one and he said the changes are made only to the top end variants only.

About the spare alloy... i got the same reply as what dharmesh quoted [cheers]
3 alloys + 1 Alom rim + punctured alloy in dikki = awesome sight [surprise]

congrats ashish on your new ride. is the steel rim the same size as the alloys? volkswagen vento spare wheel is 14 inch while the allloys are 15 inch. seems the koreans are catching up with the germans in innovative cost cutting/ customer duping ideas.

congrats ashish on your new ride. is the steel rim the same size as the alloys? volkswagen vento spare wheel is 14 inch while the allloys are 15 inch. seems the koreans are catching up with the germans in innovative cost cutting/ customer duping ideas.
Just to clarify, both Alloys and spare steel wheel are of 16" in Verna, unlike in Vento where it's 15" and 14" respectively. I am not sure why Vento has such a design.

their explanation is - 1 ) if you run on spare wheel there can be alignment issues. 2) when changing the tyres you need to change only 4. spare wheels are only for reaching the puncture repair centres.

The new Verna (and many other cars nowadays) come with the spare wheel fitted on normal steel rims. Sometimes, they are even downsized. All this is done to save on costs. It's not a thing to be too concerned about.
Enjoy your new car. \m/

Regards,
Vipin

Top Bottom