New Car Delivery Documents Check

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

On 7th October I’m going to take the delivery of my 1st car Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. I’m looking for feedback from someone who has recently taken delivery of Hyundai car in Kolkata.

I know I’ve to PDI the full car before taking the delivery. But My concerns are:

1) The sales guy said earlier that I will get the RC book/smart card by post, not during the delivery. And I will get the car with the Temp Registered number. Is that true?

2) At the time of delivery I will not get the number plate filled, after few days (may be after 10-15days, as we have festival holidays here in Kolkata) I’ve to take the car to the RTO and they will fit/install the new number plate (starts with IND and with a chip). Is that true?

3) And what other documents/papers I should look for? I should get the tax token during the delivery right?

4) What about the PUC certificate? I know these days new car have pre-certified PUC which is valid for 1year (12month) from the date of purchase. Is that right? They will provide a separate certificate for that?

5) Beside the invoices and insurance paper what other document/paper I should check carefully or ask them?

Please advice, as few things depends on states to states so if anyone from Kolkata having experience recently that will be good. So if the sales guy said “this not happens” then I can answer him.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Help: During Delivery Document Check – Hyundai Car Kolkata

Sam, congratulations on your fluidic verna.
During the time of your delivery, yes the dealer is right, your car would be pasted with the temperory registered numbers sticker which is valid till your car gets its official registered number.
Yes it depends from city to city but with the new rules formed you would be called to RTO to get the new numberplate fitted on your car.
The Pollution control sticker would already been pasted on your car at the time of delivery, do check that if not pasted then needs tobe there with your documents.
Insurance policy would be delivered to you on your address along with your RC book through post, so till then you would be handed over these documents,
- Cover Note from your insurance company of your car with details of car owner as registered.
- Original Invoice of your car with same details as mentioned above
- Receipt and invoice of the tax paid for registeration
- RTO receipt for the same
- owners manual with set of keys.
- Check for the accessories or all other things that you negotiated to get for your car, free or paid fitted in your car from the dealer or not
Free fuel usually dealers fill in your tank say 5ltrs or give away coupons for the same as standard freebies or more if in your deal finalised.
Our pdi section does have all the necessary details of what to check at the time of delivery for inspecting your car before delivery, do go through that as well.

Thread Starter #3

Sam, congratulations on your fluidic verna.
During the time of your delivery, yes the dealer is right, your car would be pasted with the temperory registered numbers sticker which is valid till your car gets its official registered number.
Yes it depends from city to city but with the new rules formed you would be called to RTO to get the new numberplate fitted on your car.
The Pollution control sticker would already been pasted on your car at the time of delivery, do check that if not pasted then needs tobe there with your documents.
Insurance policy would be delivered to you on your address along with your RC book through post, so till then you would be handed over these documents,
- Cover Note from your insurance company of your car with details of car owner as registered.
- Original Invoice of your car with same details as mentioned above
- Receipt and invoice of the tax paid for registeration
- RTO receipt for the same
- owners manual with set of keys.
- Check for the accessories or all other things that you negotiated to get for your car, free or paid fitted in your car from the dealer or not
Free fuel usually dealers fill in your tank say 5ltrs or give away coupons for the same as standard freebies or more if in your deal finalised.
Our pdi section does have all the necessary details of what to check at the time of delivery for inspecting your car before delivery, do go through that as well.
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your valuable input. Yes I will look for these like you said. And yes I want through the pdi section.

@ Soumen what ever you have written in your post is correct. Now HSRP is fitted to the cars at RTO premises. PUC not required for new cars upto 1 year, but our Kolkata Police takes owners for ride at times. Get the warranty card for battery also apart from things above.

Thread Starter #5

@ Soumen what ever you have written in your post is correct. Now HSRP is fitted to the cars at RTO premises. PUC not required for new cars upto 1 year, but our Kolkata Police takes owners for ride at times. Get the warranty card for battery also apart from things above.
Oh I really forget about the warranty card for battery. I will write this down. Thanks for this.

Documents Given at the time of Delivery

Hi,
I just took the delivery of a Volkswagen Polo and the dealer has supplied me with these documents:
1. Certificate of Taxation(Form TC)
2. Insurance Receipt (Bajaj Allainz)
3.Tax Invoice.
The documents have the VIN and engine code but the registration no. isnt mentioned in any of these.He said I will get the RC smart card in about 45days and the RC book isnt given anymore.I have got the registration no. though.
Should I ask for more documentation? The car is registered in Pune RTO

The car I ordered has arrived at the dealer's place.
Should he not have called me up and informed of the same?
I had called him up to check and it is then that he says it has arrived and that he was planning to inform me only after registration! [confused]

Is it not necessary to see the car once before registration and make sure from the VIN number that it is the same one allotted to me? What else should I check when I go to see my car? PDI or (pre-delivery inspection) has to be done prior to registration or after registration?

Please guide me on the checks I should make.

PDI for a new car is must and it has to be done before registration else if you find any issues later they cannot replace the car.

The car I ordered has arrived at the dealer's place.
Should he not have called me up and informed of the same?
I had called him up to check and it is then that he says it has arrived and that he was planning to inform me only after registration! [confused]

Is it not necessary to see the car once before registration and make sure from the VIN number that it is the same one allotted to me? What else should I check when I go to see my car? PDI or (pre-delivery inspection) has to be done prior to registration or after registration?

Please guide me on the checks I should make.
It is necessary for the dealer to show the car before registration.You must see the car and be sure before going for registration.If they think that they are going to tell you after registration its called delivery of vehicle not showing. That's not a good practice.

Top Bottom