Maruti Esteem - Full Repair Job Required

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a maruti Esteem 1994 model (non-running). I don't want to sell it but plan to use it for my personal use. I was thinking how much would it cost me to get it up and running. Also, if I got for full repair including denting and painting. Your responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Varun

Could you please more elaborate on the condition of the car.
How is the Body condition?What is the issue with Engine?
Since this car is not in production for past 6 years, it will be difficult to get original parts, though lot of old used parts will be available.
A good condition Esteem below 98 model will not fetch you more than 30K Rs. So better to sell it of and invest the money in a better model car.

Note- I own a 2006 esteem.

I guess these things will need to carried out (assuming car has not been used for a long time)

Battery - 4000
Spark Plugs - 400
Ignition Coil - 800 (approx)
Carburetor cleaning - 500
Air, fuel & oil filter - 500
Engine Oil, Brake Oil & Power steering oil (only if equipped with one) - 1500
Rubber boots on steering (Rack & Pinion) & drive shafts greasing - 1000
Full body denting - 6000
Full body painting - approx 20k (depends on the painter & whether engine & electricals are stripped for painting or not)
Seat Covers - 5000
Tyres (only if cracked/ older than 5yrs) - 3500 each x no:of tyres
Clutch cable, throttle cable, choke cable, bonnet release cable (replace only if greasing doesn't help)

I am not very sure, but is your car having the 1.3ltrs engine or the 1.0ltr engine? Since most M1000 cars are badged as Esteem by the garages & some owners. If it is a 1.3ltr go for it, if it is M1000 I would suggest skip this restoration.

Another varun welcome Buddy..so as SS80 says do thats things.all most part are cover.

1.please check the car its run or not.
2.give her small services.
3.after engine issue and all shorted out then go for full restoration
4.every part of car check the rust every single part

please put the picture .so we can see what was the actual condition of car.and what will u need to do..keep posting...

Last edited:
Hi varunbehl,
Not worth the headache I feel,you are going into unchartered territory.If you don't have any emotional attachment then leave it at that.
Regards,
Aneesh.

I resored my '92 M1000 in 2009 and only denting, painting an bodywork and a little bit of mechanical job like replacing the steering rack and wheel, suspensions, alternator, starter motor and other misc jobs (nothing inside the engine) cost me Rs.135,000.
Parts is absolutely no problem. Even if not readily available, it can be ordered from the company and shipped. But aesthetic and body work took away a major chunk of that total.

I resored my '92 M1000 in 2009 and only denting, painting an bodywork and a little bit of mechanical job like replacing the steering rack and wheel, suspensions, alternator, starter motor and other misc jobs (nothing inside the engine) cost me Rs.135,000.
Parts is absolutely no problem. Even if not readily available, it can be ordered from the company and shipped. But aesthetic and body work took away a major chunk of that total.
Do you have Pictures of your Restoration ? Can you post it here ?

hi friends,
I have a maruti esteem VXI 2006 mpfi. I need to replace the the headlight as they are less effective at night.
Please suggest best option

check condition of the reflectors and the lens for oxidisation ;you can use high quality headlight relays and increase the capacity of your regular halogens ;I have no idea if you can use LED lights for your car

Top Bottom