Hit By a Truck: Need Help on Repair Estimate & Insurance

Thread Starter #1
This weekend I was going to relatives place with family and at on of the traffic Signal i stopped and once the signal turned Green Car started moving and then a truckwala hit me with THUD sound on Drivers rear side [frustration].My heart broke and anger geared up on my mind and saw a truck immediately got off the car got hold the driver gave him few punches and with help of traffic constable made both vehicles on side.

The Rear door and Fender got scartched and Dent severely.Rear bumper came of and was hanging.thank god the Tail light dindt break and also thank God My Mom was on the same side she was so scared .After 30 mins the owner of the Truck came and I was Instantly fighting with him to take my car to Ford service station this fellow wanted to settle the matter here itself i was not willing to take money but take him to service station he said apply for insurance i was not sure about insurance because my car has Comprehensive Insurance.after fighting with him for 1 hour i asked for 10K then again bargaining started and finally got 5k though unhappy and dishearted I accepted scolding him.

today I went to a local Denting work shop and gave the car for repair he said it would cost 6k including paint work

The bumper is hanging so will it be fixed on clips or still gap remains?

Can I claim for Insurance on This ?

Here is the damaged part.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and good to know all are safe in the car.

If the repair work comes under 6k don't apply for insurance and moreover you already got 5k. So, You may spend that money to repair instead of going for insurance. Claiming insurance on small repairs like this, may loose the No Claim Bonus as well as the value of vehicle.

Hope to see the car in good shape again. All The Best.

Best Regards,
Raaj.

A very sad incident indeed. Since 6K is quoted by local garage, please go ahead with same as there is no mechanical damage. If you go to FASS it will cost a bomb. Also I advise you not to claim insurance and save it for future. Even if total cost of repair is around 10K, you can save 5K what you got from truck owner.

And pls enquire whether the painter is good enough to keep the originality. The most of the showrooms will call the outside painters to do the job. So, if possible, you may contact the guy who is painting in the showroom.

great to know that your mom is ok.
well please don't go for insurance. also FASS will charge heavy my director was also hit on the rear side (Figo) by truck local garage quoted 2.5 k for service but he took it to FASS they claimed insurance and charged 18.6K and he had to pay ~4600 from his pocket!
but as Raaj said please be double sure about the paint quality

350Z

Core Team
Can you suggest something how to fix the bumper?
The bumper can be fixed without a fuss if the clips are not broken. Negotiate with the mechanic and settle it for around Rs.5K. However, do ensure that quality isn't affected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Bro,the dent on the quarter panel close to the door and the one on door above the door handle are major ones,as it is one edges of the panel and the doors,
Ask the guy to do more patch work/leveling with less putty,
It is easy to fill a dent with putty without leveling the dent,but the putty will later crack and these cracks can be seen later over the paint.
The bumper can be repaired and fixed,the quarter panel have to be painted completely,the bumper can be touched at the corners and the door can be painted above the door beading leaving the lower half of the door.
Ask the guy to use good paint (DuPont).

My best advise is please get the phone number of painter who usually paints in the showroom. Am pretty shure he would do the job much lower than in the showroom with same quality.

All the Best,
Raaj.

Thread Starter #10
The bumper can be fixed without a fuss if the clips are not broken. Negotiate with the mechanic and settle it for around Rs.5K. However, do ensure that quality isn't affected.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yeah the clips are not damaged.there was a screw hanging from the bumper tip corner its not visible in the pic.If we are tightening up the screw hope it must be fixed.

Bro,the dent on the quarter panel close to the door and the one on door above the door handle are major ones,as it is one edges of the panel and the doors,
Ask the guy to do more patch work/leveling with less putty,
It is easy to fill a dent with putty without leveling the dent,but the putty will later crack and these cracks can be seen later over the paint.
The bumper can be repaired and fixed,the quarter panel have to be painted completely,the bumper can be touched at the corners and the door can be painted above the door beading leaving the lower half of the door.
Ask the guy to use good paint (DuPont).
Today i went to garage to check how far the work had been they have finished working on the door.i don't think they have used putty coz i can see the leveled metal shining.Coming to the quarter panel there is deep cut above the wheel area which the person said it needs to be welded to fill in the gap.Presently they have removed the bumper completely to fix the Quarter panel.Yes am trying to get hold of the painter from FASS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro if you are sure of what you have posted then you are at the right place.
That is the cheapest rate you may get compared, back here at kerala.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Now the denting work being done I moved my vehicle to the get paint work done.The person says he is gonna use 2k paint.I never heard of this.

He says the quality is much better then Dupont.Did any of fellow TAIans used this color.please suggest on this.cheers

350Z

Core Team
Yippee..!! my Black Panther is Back home.thanks every one for your suggestions.
Glad the Fiesta is fit and fine again. How about sharing some fresh after-repair images? Do let us know the total expense as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom