Maruti Suzuki SX4 (Petrol) Mileage

Thread Starter #1
hello all,
this is specifically to all the SX4 owners(present and past) who have experienced the petrol model and can comment.
during this trip of mine, i tried to notice the mileage. the road was great and we consistent cruised not higher than 100 km/h. AC was on 90% times. and the drive was 70%-30% in terms of highway-city driving, but i found that the average i got is around 12-13 km per lt.
is this consistent with everyones exp? i felt a little disappointed and hence checking with all.

Dear Saurabh,

Commenting on fuel efficiency is always a tricky thing. I have 2 friends who claim at least 15 kmpl from their petrol SX4s on the highway in drive as you please mode. The SX4s petrol engine is known to be one of the laggards in the Maruti stable when it comes to fuel efficiency, though there might be exceptions here and there.

How many people were you carrying in the car? Were the tyres inflated to the recommended pressure (low inflation = poor mileage)? When was the car last serviced? Does the engine rev freely or do you feel some resistance in the engine?

Regards,
Sam

Thread Starter #3
Hmm. You are right and thats where i am finding it difficult to get actual answers to your questions:
People in car-2+me.
Tire inflation- proper.
Car service- around 2000 Kms back.
Engine rev- freely and its acceleration and pickup has always kept me its fan.
Speed- did hover at 100 Km/h or less since i knew i want to see its mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto stop has its own limitations (vehicle standing on an incline, air trap, nozzle length inside the filler mouth, etc.). Please try to measure the fuel efficiency by filling up to the brim next time. You may have to rock the car several times during the brimming process in order to ensure accuracy (rocking would remove air bubbles, if any). Also, please make it sure to fill up from the same bunk for both top up; this would remove error of calibration.

Try it out before we carry out any further diagnosis.

Saurabh what was done in the service?

I get 12KMPL in my Ertiga with 100%AC and city driving, on the highways it gives me 14KMPL.

You should see an increase on the highway.

My SX4 has done 51k kms. I fitted a CNG kit at 30k. Before this i used to get average 10 to 11kpl, 50% highway driving, ac always on.

Milage of sx4 in petrol and cng

Hello friends,

please tell me and suggest. i am purchase sx4 zxi 2008 model. run up to 1 lack km. and condition is perfect. then which cng is best conventional or sequential and what the actual average of sx4 in petrol.

the users can suggest and satisfy my query perfectly

Re: Milage of sx4 in petrol and cng

Hello friends,

please tell me and suggest. i am purchase sx4 zxi 2008 model. run up to 1 lack km. and condition is perfect. then which cng is best conventional or sequential and what the actual average of sx4 in petrol.

the users can suggest and satisfy my query perfectly
You purchased a 1 lac km run car or do you want to purchase one?

At 1 lac kms a lot of things need to be overhauled, you could be looking at a huge bill if the previous owner has not done the necessary maintenance.

Top Bottom