Honda Brio - Should I Opt For Extended Warranty??

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I am new to TAI. However, thanks to TAI, I am purchasing a Brio SMT next week. My query is that with Brio, do we actually need to buy an extended warranty? It is costing me around 5700 INR for 2 years/40k km. My actual usage won't be more than 200 km per month and it will be totally city driving. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Sumit

Welcome to TAI buddy, have a wonderful stay.
Go for extended warranty without any second thoughts. I think everyone here is going to advice you same.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys. I was told by someone that the extended warranty does not cover a few things and that quality provided by Honda means that it may not be needed at all, especially since my monthly usage won't be that high. Is that correct?

Agreed. Honda gives probably the most reliable and effecient product. But again, you never know. Modern Cars are generally reliable but in case of repair, their parts may be costly to repair. Ex: what if there arises a situation of fuel pump problems (starts from 20k rupees) , AC compressors cost over Rs.40k and defective engines and transmissions are even more expensive. Who knows. Why take a chance. 6k is much better than 20-40k rupees [:)]

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys. I was told by someone that the extended warranty does not cover a few things and that quality provided by Honda means that it may not be needed at all, especially since my monthly usage won't be that high. Is that correct?
In most of the extended warranty cases, all parts of the vehicle are not covered like suspension, clutch, and other wear and tear items. But still it can save your pocket if something wrong happens, just in case. So why take chances.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys, it does make more sense to me now to take EW. I just hope that i don't need it. Now waiting for Wednesday, when i'll have a new addition to my family, my Brio!!

Thanks a lot guys, it does make more sense to me now to take EW. I just hope that i don't need it. Now waiting for Wednesday, when i'll have a new addition to my family, my Brio!!
You should without second thought, for some 5k you are getting your peace of mind for any major repairs if may come which no one would know, so buy that along the car or see if you can bargain if the deal is not finalised yet in your discounts and do opt for it, also go for 0% dept insurance.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks vijay. Yes, i've already opted for 0% dep. insurance, it is a must for me. I think i got a good deal all in all, with 4.8L OTR including floor mat, 0% dep. insurance and 2 year EW (though i was hoping to get more, this is what i could extract from them [;)]
@Ajay, will surely add an ownership review once i've clocked in some miles! [:)]

Thanks vijay. Yes, i've already opted for 0% dep. insurance, it is a must for me. I think i got a good deal all in all, with 4.8L OTR including floor mat, 0% dep. insurance and 2 year EW (though i was hoping to get more, this is what i could extract from them [;)]
@Ajay, will surely add an ownership review once i've clocked in some miles! [:)]
Sumitgupta,

4.8L OTR for which variant?

Top Bottom