Issues / Niggles Unsolved By Dealers (Any Brand)

Thread Starter #1
Guys - There would be many Issues / Niggles that are not solved or even diagnosed by the dealers even after numerous attempts. Thought, it would be a good idea to have those list down collectively on this thread. That may help others to solve it better, either with the concerned ASS or outside.

Please ensure that all the below listed information are provided for the benefit of all and to avoid back to back posts on the same point.

• Brand & Product: Ford Figo / Hyundai i-20 / Maruti Swift / Toyota Etios etc...
  • Issue / Niggle: Rattles / ICE / Mileage / Mechanical Issues etc.
  • Issue Description: As detailed as required.
  • Solved: Yes / No
  • Alternative Solution: Whatever done or planning to.

To start with, here is mine.

• Brand & Product: Ford Figo
  • Issue / Niggle: Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels
  • Issue Description: Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels, only while the Music is on and typically on High Bass and Beats. For one to understand the issue in simple terms, this is very similar to the sound of Torn Speakers. However, the speakers are just fine and have even been replaced with new ones just to rule out such doubts. Metro Ford in Bangalore tried their best with packing the door panel with some Thermocol etc. However, those are just quick fixes and back to square one with in a week. They tried even harder after this being escalated to Ford India, but no much luck. Finally, they close the case concluding that such sound is normal in every Figo and they showed me couple of New Cars which is producing such sound.*I have had this issue since ever I brought the car and it was fixed once by Planet Ford in Pune. This has recurred recently and Metro Ford couldn’t help it much.
  • If this is the case in all Figos, does that mean anyone brought Figo should live with that issue forever? Both Metro Ford & Ford India has no answer to it…
  • Solved: No
  • Alternative Solution: Dampening or some Thermocol / Sponge patches to be done on both doors, which I am planning to get it done from outside.

I know there is an existing thread about rattles, but this isn't particular to that alone but for any such issues.

Brand & Product: Ford Figo
Issue / Niggle: Squeaking Noise from Roof, all Doors from dashboard from pillars.
Issue Description: Squeaking Noise from all doors never was fixed SA always said default issues in Figo.
Status: was living with it. Now sold it because of bad service experience.

Brand & Product: Maruti Ertiga VDi
Issue / Niggle: Squeaking Noise from Roof AC finaly fixed aftter write up to Maruti
Issue Description: Squeaking Noise from roof AC was not fixed in 1 st service and even second service they gave excuse. After a write up to Maruti it was fixed next day. [:)]
Status: A small tick tick noise from A pillar no one could find the cause. It is heard so mild that I am living with it. Otherwise the car is awesome to drive.

Brand & Product: Tata Indigo Manza
Issue / Niggle: Seat Belt Warning sound
Issue Description: Seat belt warning sound is not working for the past 2 years despite changing the fuse hell a lot of time. It wil work at the max of 5 days after replacing the fuse and again it goes back to zero.
Status: even if i change the fuse next time it wil be back to the same. so i left it off.

Thread Starter #4
Brand & Product: Maruti Ertiga VDi
Issue / Niggle: Squeaking Noise from Roof AC finaly fixed aftter write up to Maruti
Issue Description: Squeaking Noise from roof AC was not fixed in 1 st service and even second service they gave excuse. After a write up to Maruti it was fixed next day. [:)]
Status: A small tick tick noise from A pillar no one could find the cause. It is heard so mild that I am living with it. Otherwise the car is awesome to drive.
Why ain't Maruti come up with a rattle free car, even after so many years of experience...

Brand & Product: Tata Indigo Manza
Issue / Niggle: Seat Belt Warning sound
Issue Description: Seat belt warning sound is not working for the past 2 years despite changing the fuse hell a lot of time. It wil work at the max of 5 days after replacing the fuse and again it goes back to zero.
Status: even if i change the fuse next time it wil be back to the same. so i left it off.
2 Years and yet not fixed? That's too bad. Isn't that a safety feature? Unbelievable.

Top Bottom