Poor Service Experience with Volkswagen

Thread Starter #1
•POLO Trendline white color was purchased on 18th June 2011.
•With AMC Certificate of 3 years
•With Warranty Card of 2 years ( paid 8000 extra at that time)
•It had run only 7500 kms
•Was single handed car
•On Friday-28th June 2013 it got broke down – I couldn’t apply gears.
•I called RAC , they said mam you don’t have RAC now as it has expired after 2 years.
FIRST ISSUE- NO ONE FROM SERVICE CENTRE OR SALES SHOWROOM CALLED ME UP and updated me about this. When I can take insurance every year why can’t I take RAC for Rs.2100/-
•Secondly I had to pay- Rs 5500/- for pick up and drop of car to nearest located service centre.
•Now service center told me that CLUTCH is faulty and it will be replaced and I have to bear cost of it Rs 15000/-
•On top of it the service center does not have it …its being 6 days part is not available anywhere.
•There is no visibility when my car will get repair.

My key concerns are:-

1.DID I paid 5.5 lakhs for this kind of car?
2.How can a clutch can get destroyed when it has run only 7500KM?
3.CAR has never been out of Delhi, so what faith I can have on VW?
4.RAC is road side assistance or RANSOM CHARGES?
5.I have extended warranty but they say it doesnot cover clutch then what it covers?
6.I will be shelling approx Rs 25k for no fault of mine.
7.Even after so much escalation no is bothered to repair car.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really sad to hear about your bad experience @lika however, I must say that I am not at all shocked by this problem of yours. It is appalling to see how VAG takes Indian customers for a ride by giving us their magnificent piece of "GERMAN ENGINEERING" [frustration].As there is no point in ranting about the VAG's state of affairs in India I will go back to the topic.

You are from Delhi therefore can you please tell in which esteemed Volkswagen dealer your car is resting? (I hope it is not Volkswagen Delhi South - Lots of horror stories from there)

Can you please specify whether they are changing the whole clutch assembly (Master/ slave cylinders)?

Also, I would like to suggest you to visit Volkswagen Noida dealer they seem to be the most honorable among thieves.

Last edited:
Hello lika welcome to TAI sorry to hear about your car breakdown. Why don't you write to VM? But clutch comes in wear and tare. But in just 7.5km that is so bad. This shows why maruti sells their cars in 5 digits every month.

Last edited by a moderator:
FIRST ISSUE- NO ONE FROM SERVICE CENTRE OR SALES SHOWROOM CALLED ME UP and updated me about this. When I can take insurance every year why can’t I take RAC for Rs.2100/-
Generally workshops display Extended warranty and RSA (Road Side Assistance) charges details at a board. They also call the customers for it. I am surprised that the sales executive didn't mention about RSA while offering extended warranty of 8000 Rs.

Now service center told me that CLUTCH is faulty and it will be replaced and I have to bear cost of it Rs 15000/-
Happens due to incomplete depressing of clutch. Even then, clutch should not wear out that soon. Was it all of a sudden break down or have you been experiencing some trouble in using clutch before this too?

5.I have extended warranty but they say it doesnot cover clutch then what it covers?
It doesn't cover anything that can be harmed by manual usage.

7.Even after so much escalation no is bothered to repair car.
Have you given them go ahead for repair?
Try to log a complaint on VW facebook page.

Top Bottom