Shipping a Car & Related Documents From One City To Another

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am planning to send my Wagon R to my Brothers place in Ahemadabad. I have finalised the car transported (Agrawal movers and packers)

however What I need to send is the car stereo, the RC book (its a chip card these days) and all the papers (service details and other documents)

My question is how do I send out al these details? Is courier a safe way to send or that I put everything in the car itself and send it out?

Should I venture sending the car stereo front panel and RC book via courier? [confused]

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Transporting Car From One City To Another

@eXperience,

Just being a bit apprehensive. What if they misplace the courier and stuff like that. Does not happen but then since this is first time I am venturing into this kind of activity I seem to have apprehensions.

I guess going with DHL or FEDEX should give me enough piece of mind.

@eXperience,

Just being a bit apprehensive. What if they misplace the courier and stuff like that. Does not happen but then since this is first time I am venturing into this kind of activity I seem to have apprehensions.

I guess going with DHL or FEDEX should give me enough piece of mind.
Go for a courier with tracking facility, it would ensure peace of mind.

Why not drive till Ahemadabad.It will be fun of the journey and peace of mind also.

Thread Starter #6

@Amit,

we contemplated that too, but me and bro are back from vacation and will not get any holidays for that journey. Hence took the option of using movers and packers (its an insult to the driver in me :( ) .

If you are apprehensive send colored photocopies by courier and had over the originals once you meet him down the line.

350Z

Core Team

I am planning to send my Wagon R to my Brothers place in Ahemadabad. I have finalised the car transported (Agrawal movers and packers)
At first look it was a bit surprising to read the posts referring to courier companies when title is about shipping a car! Your thread title has been now updated.

My question is how do I send out al these details? Is courier a safe way to send or that I put everything in the car itself and send it out?
Do not mistake to keep original documents inside the car. Take a couple of xerox of each before dispatching and use a reputed courier service such as FedEx, DHL or BlueDart.

PS: Deal with an authorized center of the respective courier company (skip the local agents). Do clearly inform that documents are important and should reach safe and sound.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom